Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Friday Hip Game
#1

In light of the recent election buzz, I thought I would quiz people on political statements/lyrics/rants made by Mr.Downie and the uptown Hip.

Since I am no where near as hardcore as many of you are, and cause I get to go first, I submit:

"War is organized murder, and thats where Steven Harper would have brought you"
Reply
#2

what is it exactly your quizzing us on here? which song this comes from? or what?
Reply
#3

Cpt. Trips Wrote:In light of the recent election buzz, I thought I would quiz people on political statements/lyrics/rants made by Mr.Downie and the uptown Hip.

Since I am no where near as hardcore as many of you are, and cause I get to go first, I submit:

"War is organized murder, and thats where Steven Harper would have brought you"

That would be from the July 1, 2004 show at the Molson Amphitheatre. I pass the next challenge on to whoever wants it....
Reply
#4

He said it on July 1 2004 at the Ampitheatre show.

Okay, how about this one.

"This song's for Mike Harris. It's about a trophy salesman who knows that as long as there are losers, business is always good"

There's another one I'm trying to find, I'll post later

Cheers

Pat
Reply
#5

ok, now I get it.. how about...."Brian Mulroney thinks Pierre Trudeau is ruining his legacy..."
Reply
#6

is that not Courage from the Ottawa ARA show in '93?
Reply
#7

"I just want to get into the same strip clubs as Brian Mulrooney."
Reply
#8

chives Wrote:ok, now I get it.. how about...."Brian Mulroney thinks Pierre Trudeau is ruining his legacy..."

i think that's ones from the elderado in ottawa in '93... "hooolly fuucking shiiiiiittt."
Reply
#9

"All we are saying..is give Meech a chance"



(is that how you spell it? :oops: )
Reply
#10

"we'd like to do a song now if we could about a Canadian Killer, a bald, fat Winston Churchill"

its not what you think (Kings..)

~Will
Reply
#11

oops...I meant to also say that I dont know any of the other ones, they are familiar but as to when he said them and about which song I have no clue.

sorry for the double reply.

~WIll
Reply
#12

I don't know the exact quote, and it was obviously an older show that I was at, but a song was introduced something like;

... this song is dedicated "to Robert Bourassa who sent the military in to attack his own people",

in regard to the Oka crisis.

can anyone shed some light as I always go back to that, and can't remember which song it was before.
Reply
#13

I seem to recall Downie saying something somewhere about Dudley George...

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)