Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

VnF`nR
#1

velvet revolver kicked my ass sooo freakin hard last night....scott weiland moved up to #2 on my fave lead singers list last night...i am sure you all know who is on the top of that list

7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Reply
#2

Barry Manilow?
Reply
#3

i am obvious aren`t i?

7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Reply
#4

He has alot of Downie type moves up there. Lots of energy! Were you at the Saskatoon show?
Reply
#5

yes i was in toontown last night...weiland reminds me alot of a mick jagger/freddie mercury hybrid...tons of energy!

7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Reply
#6

what old gnr and stp tunes did they pull out..i heard a few in seattle last year, and scott really does axl well
Reply
#7

I was a big GnR fan 'back in the day' and I was pleasantly surprised to see Velvet Revolver on MTV one day. They are really good. However, I still miss Axl.
Reply
#8

a GNR reunion with all of the original members would kick my ass. It would probably be on the greatest things to happen to music......actually thats an overstatement but it would be f'n sweet.
Reply
#9

tragicallymike Wrote:a GNR reunion with all of the original members would kick my ass. It would probably be on the greatest things to happen to music......actually thats an overstatement but it would be f'n sweet.

Too bad Axl has gone completely in-frickin-sane...
Reply
#10

j-monster Wrote:
tragicallymike Wrote:a GNR reunion with all of the original members would kick my ass. It would probably be on the greatest things to happen to music......actually thats an overstatement but it would be f'n sweet.

Too bad Axl has gone completely in-frickin-sane...

Seriously. I wonder if in 20 years he'll be as fat as a whale and living on Marlon Brando's old island.
Reply
#11

j-monster Wrote:
tragicallymike Wrote:a GNR reunion with all of the original members would kick my ass. It would probably be on the greatest things to happen to music......actually thats an overstatement but it would be f'n sweet.

Too bad Axl has gone completely in-frickin-sane...

And considering he didn't exactly begin as a calm and collected individual, his current state is more than a few crullers short of a bakers dozen.

But I'd KILL to see one last great GnR show: outdoors, all original members, Axl's kilt and yellow foam microphone in check.

And does anybody remember what rocker's autobiography had the story about Axl breaking down and crying when he was told that "Axl" was not how you spell "Axel?"
Reply
#12

Velvet Revolver...because they are neither hot nor cold (G'n'R nor STP), but lukewarm, i shall spit them out!

they're decent, probably good live, but i can't get into em, i dunno, it doesn't seem right. also, i saw a bit of an interview with them today, and does Scott ever seem like a dick. maybe he's always been one, but i never really got that impression from him when he was in STP, maybe he was just pissed that people were giving him shit about smoking in the studio or w/e, but scott has dropped on my list since joining VR.
Reply
#13

I was a big GnF'nR fan fan back in the day, but I have to say I'm indifferent to Velvet Revolver. I don't dislike them, but I don't really like them either. I've always liked Slash though. I love his playing style, and he always seems like a really cool, down to earth kinda guy during interviews. And since we're talking about GnR, here are Slash's "Celebrity Secrets" from Conan O'Brien. Very funny stuff:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/celebritysecrets/slash.shtml">http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Late_Night_with_ ... lash.shtml</a><!-- m -->

And I have to agree with the above posters. Axl has completely lost his mind. I'll be we'll see at least 3 more Hip albums before he ever gets that "Chinese Democracy" thing out. And don't even get me started on that Gn'R cover band he currently fronts. What a freakin' joke.
Reply
#14

thedarkcanuck Wrote:yes i was in toontown last night...weiland reminds me alot of a mick jagger/freddie mercury hybrid...tons of energy!

exactly what I was thinking last night at the dome'

Great f'n rock show last night. Slash blew me away, unreal on that guitar.

I was a fan of VR before but they didn't do it for me like G'nR or STP individualy. Last night seeing them live put VR in a whole new light. They're a full on real rock n' roll band. Great musicians and entertainers.

Pulled out crackerman and sex type thing from STP and It's so easy, used to love her and Mr. Brownstone from G'n'R.

Awesome show!!
Reply
#15

did anyone see the chinese democracy tour in 2002...have to say one of the best shows I've ever seen...I saw them 4 times in the old days, and this one blew all of them away. He may not be normal, but he is brilliant...I have a feeling that his record will blow people away. All of the comments that have leaked out from people involved allude to this
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)