Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Canada mints
#1

I've always called them "Canadian" mints.

Anyone know where they got thier name?

My Grandmother always had them when I was a kid and we just got her a new bag the other day. I found it funny that they're made by necco in the USA.
:lol:
Reply
#2

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about; nor have I ever heard of "Canada Mints." The only Canadian Mint that I know of is where they produce our currency.

Please, elaborate.
Reply
#3

I've never heard of them either.

Quote:Canada Mints were originally introduced into Canada in the late 1880s by Necco who is the maker of Necco Wafers. By 1908 Americans were enjoying the candy as well.
http://www.oldtimecandy.com/canada-mints.htm
Reply
#4

I've never seen or heard of this product before today.
Reply
#5

me neither...
Reply
#6

They're not easy to find. I guess I could compare them to altoids but they're not as strong and they are more chalky, bigger, flat and round

I figure it would be any interesting question to toss out on here
Reply
#7

I've never heard of them either, but I'm guessing their name has something to do with being mints. Mint implies cool/cold and I heard somewhere that Canada has a reputation as a cold place. (Anyone else heard this? Tongue )
Reply
#8

Yum, an old favorite. NECCO is located in Revere Massachussetts...close to where I grew up. A pionere in the history of candy....NECCO wafers are the best!
Reply
#9

Never heard of them.
Reply
#10

News to me.

You can tour the "Royal Canadian Mint" down the street from my apartment. They weigh the natural metals in each employee's bodymass upon entry and exit to make sure nobody's smuggling loonies in their, uhh... change purses.
Reply
#11

Stephen Dame Wrote:News to me.

You can tour the "Royal Canadian Mint" down the street from my apartment. They weigh the natural metals in each employee's bodymass upon entry and exit to make sure nobody's smuggling loonies in their, uhh... change purses.

Yeah, I've been there, I know the difference :lol:

Tongue
Reply
#12

I never heard of them before either. I'd def like to try some.
Reply
#13

After looking at the site I know exactly what kind of mint they are. But I think we just call them mints. Definitely not distributed under the same name or by the same company. I have seen the pink, white, and green ones.

Interesting name on them though...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)