Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

CALLING WINNIPEG HIP FANS!!!!
#1

THE JUNOS ARE COMING...MEANING....OH YEAH!! THE HIP'S ON THEIR WAY AS WELL! CAN WE RALLY AND GET ALL THE LOYAL HIP FANS TO MEET UP WITH THEM SOMEHOW?

GUYS, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I AM EXTENDING A PERSONAL INVITATION TO ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES TO COME HANG IN GOOD OLE ST.B FOR AN EVENING OR TWO! C'MON...WHAT D'YA SAY!?!?!?!
Reply
#2

hipchick77 Wrote:...WHAT D'YA SAY!?!?!?!

Well to start, turn your caps off :wink:
Reply
#3

Am I the only one here who was really uninterested in getting Juno tickets? Of course I'd like to see The Hip again, but after seeing them six times I couldn't be bothered to compete with like 100,000 other people for $120 floor tickets or $45 seats up in the balcony and then see them play maybe two songs.

Nov 19, 1996 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 23, 1997 Winnipeg, MB
Feb 26, 1999 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 1, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 2, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Nov 23, 2004 Winnipeg, MB
Jan 20, 2007 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 7, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 9, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 10, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 11, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 7, 2011 Winnipeg, MB
Dec 1, 2012 Fargo, ND
Jan 26, 2013 Winnipeg, MB
Jan 28, 2013 Brandon, MB
Feb 14, 2015 Winnipeg, MB
Aug 5, 2016 Winnipeg, MB
Reply
#4

The big question here isn't 'how many songs will the Hip play at the awards?', it's 'where are they gonna show up on friday/saturday night for a surprise gig?'. 8)
Doc
Reply
#5

I'm with DOC! Where are they going to be and how do we (LOYAL HIP FANS - YES THAT'S ALL CAPS!) find the boys while they're in the Peg?

Music brings people together. So my function in anything I do is to help bring people closer in. - Gord Downie (2014)
Reply
#6

Good question. I know there are going to be a lot of activities next week in and around the metro Winnipeg area. Loads of shows, and club gigs, and likely a few impromptu jam sessions and surprise appearances. If I am not mistaken Sarah Harmer is one of the many that are going to be playing somewhere during the week(end), so that may be a start.

All I have to say is be out and about people and someone is likely to bump into the boys, and maybe here a tune or two.

Keep your digitals in your pockets all week!!!
Reply
#7

the Doctorb Wrote:The big question here isn't 'how many songs will the Hip play at the awards?', it's 'where are they gonna show up on friday/saturday night for a surprise gig?'. 8)
Doc
James McKenty & The Spades @ The Zoo Friday nite (10:00 pm).....after hockey???? the timing may or may not work, but I've encountered members of the Hip at more than one show by these guys and the venue (and management) holds a special place in Hip history (see Winnipeg Sun article posted elsewhwere).
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)