Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

My New Lyric and Reference Website: A Museum After Dark
#1

With all the book pitching, and all my bitching about the demise of the old reference sites, I decided to kill two birds with one stone.

I created "A Museum After Dark," which you can find over at http://www.geocities.com/stephendame

It'll host the introduction and six initial chapters, as well as all the "who, what, where and why's" of Hip lyrics.

I hope to go beyond the FAQ, and I hope Hip fans will find it interesting and maybe even funny at times. If you think I'm stealing a little of the website's concept from the Burning Church, you're wrong. I'm stealing a lot of the website's concept from the Burning Church. So thanks to those guys wherever they are.

It's a work in progress, and I'm teaching myself HTML as I go, so expect more content over quality in the weeks to come.

And there it is. Thanks.
Reply
#2

This is very cool, Stephen--I'll definitely be bookmarking this for closer study!
Reply
#3

Spiffy looking site, Mr Dame :thumb:
Reply
#4

Very cool SD. Burning Church, whatever happened to that page?
Reply
#5

prz Wrote:Very cool SD. Burning Church, whatever happened to that page?

Wish I knew... not enough bodies on the bucket brigade?
Reply
#6

Well Stephen, you've done it. This is going to completely distract me throughout exams. Thank you.






Look at that, post #200. alright.
Reply
#7

Wow, Steve. You put a lot of work into this! :thumb: Good job, too. It's a good way to spend (not waste) lots of time. Smile
Reply
#8

Cool site Dame, Im looking forward to more :thumb:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#9

Thanks folks,

78 unique visitors on the first day, 273 hits on the main page.

I apologize if you get a "too busy" message at some point... I'm looking at my own doman as I type, hope to move it soon.

It's a helluva lot of fun to do, and I'm glad you guys got a kick out of it.

Thanks so much.
Reply
#10

thanks so much! Very informative
Reply
#11

Hey, good job Stephen. The look of the site is alright to me, and I'll be checking it out in more detail soon.

*Edit* 500th post! WOOT! 8)
Reply
#12

Great lookin site, Steve! I've already bookmarked it, and I'll definitely be checking in there often.

:thumb:
Reply
#13

Great job Steve, You are the only person that can clarify Hip lyrics.
Reply
#14

Thehip21 Wrote:Great job Steve, You are the only person that can clarify Hip lyrics.

Nah, I'm just the only one who has the time to waste doing it because 1) I don't have a girlfriend, and 2) I don't have a steady job

...and I guess I don't care when people disagree with me and e-mail me messages saying: "Dude, you're a f**king idiot. Nautical is so obviously about Dieppe and strippers!" To each their own, and I guess when ya love Hip fans, ya gotta love ALL Hip fans...

...this internet thing sure is fun.
Reply
#15

Great site, Steve.
Very helpful to those of us who know nothing about cultural references in Hip songs, cheers! Smile

(Also trying to learn HTML myself and, well, I feel any pain you will no doubt encounter... lol)
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)