Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Wheat Kings with Sarah Harmer
#1

From what I have been told, 2000-12-16, St. John's NFLD, Sarah Harmer accompanied Gord on Wheat Kings. If so, is there a good clip out there? I'd love to hear it.

Also, I know Ashley McIsas plied his trade on Wheat Kings during the 1997 ARA tour. I have this clip on MP3 fromat, but the quaility is poor. Is there a better copy out there? it's unfortunate because this a a stunning rendition of the song instrumentally as well as vocally.
Reply
#2

It was not the 2000 show. It was July 2nd, 2002. I know, because I was there... and I recorded it. The show was up on the tracker. It might still be. Check it out!

Rory
Halifax
Reply
#3

Oh sweet, how;s the quality? is it pretty cool version with Miss Harmer?
Reply
#4

The sound quality is really good. She did two songs with the boys that night: Wheat Kings, and The Dire Wolf.

Rory
Halifax
Reply
#5

Rory, any chance you would have the time to throw a B & P together of this show?
Reply
#6

Oooh - I'd like to hear the Dire Wolf with Sarah...
Reply
#7

A B&P? Absolutely! Anyone who wants this show, just PM me with "Sarah" in the subject header, and I'll send you my address.

Cheers!

Rory
Halifax
Reply
#8

rory nice work on the upload. gotta be honest, the quality of recording was good but i expected more of the Wheat Kings version with Sarah. She was faintly noticeable.

Now, anyone have a good quality of Wheat Kings with Ashley McIsaac? I know he played on it during a version of the song @97 ARA, saskatchewan. i have a version, but the quality is is moderate, at best.
however, it is most definately one of the most hauntingly beatiful versions of the song i believe.
Reply
#9

I too would totally kill for a good version of the MacIsaac gig...I've never been so moved by Wheat Kings, as amazing a song as it is unto itself, something was just so "on" that night. Probably my fave live Hip gem. So count me in if anybody finds a cleaner version...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)