Posts: 30
Threads: 9
Joined: Jan 2005
Reputation:
0
i have yet to see a HIP concert that didn't include at the very least one of the two B High Dough or NOIS.
Personally i feel that every single show it seems they play at least one. I find it could get redundant with reason .. now before you all jump on me ... i just feel that the even those those two songs may be arguably the two most popular, and people love to hear them, yet they are almost catering in live shows to the people than can relate to those two from all the radio play, coverage etc... instead they should bust off a couple lesser knows, or treats so to speak for the dire HIP fan that has heard Blow and NOIS at every show.
i know no one will ever say they are sick of hearing either of those two songs, but i for one wouldn't complain if they left them both off the setlits occasionally. but of course, it would dissapoint most i guess?
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
St Bonaventure had neither song - and I had a great time.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory/091298.htm">http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory/091298.htm</a><!-- m -->
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 2,092
Threads: 39
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
the energy they bring to those 2 songs is amazing and they've sort of become a live fixture . thay are amazing to hear live and I will never get sick of seeing them preformed
Posts: 196
Threads: 16
Joined: Aug 2004
Reputation:
0
Ooh my vote was the tiebreaker, now the No's have it by one vote!!
I have seen them 4/5 times and I guess it would depend on what they played instead but on the whole I cannot sauy I would ever come away from a Hip concert thinking "Shit, I can't believe they didn't play NOIS."
I'm a big fan but I have heard both songs nearly half a dozen times and, I dont know, I don't think a concert would be missing anything important without them,
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Great tunes, awesome live, but I had to say no only because there are other songs Id rather hear instead :jump
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 591
Threads: 42
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Yes to Blow, but No to NOIS... Blow is just so awesome live... but beause the question is for both, I would have to say NO
Posts: 1,879
Threads: 16
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Good question... I voted yes, but it would only be mild disappointment. I really dig both songs, but I might be blown away if they played other rare tunes that I love. Still, I love both Blow and NOIS live, so it would definitely be weird to hear neither of them.
Posts: 126
Threads: 1
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
First Hip show I ever went to Darien Lake in June 2000 neither was played. Still the show was a hit with me and got me hooked to keep going back.
Chris
Posts: 2,211
Threads: 39
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
If I come away from a show disappointed, it isn't ever because I didn't hear some specific song....
Posts: 689
Threads: 47
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I voted yes.
we're talking about eating KD without ketchup here...
ps.
Grace too, 100th Meridian, Poets, and Little Bones are all equally important for a perfect set.
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Cpt. Trips Wrote:I voted no.
we're talking about eating KD without ketchup here...
ps.
Grace too, 100th Meridian, Poets, and Little Bones are all equally important for a perfect set.
Ugggh! Never ketchup on KD never! :lol: Sorry Cpt. I had to say it, I hate ketchup on KD, also it reminds of this guy I used to know, he put ketchup on everything he ate, and I really mean everything, it was sick, even spaghetti...bleech
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 159
Threads: 14
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
My first show was also at Darien Lake july 2000, both songs were not played. I did not like blow until, Rochester show on this tour, that version hooked me. 13 concerts and still counting.
Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I would not be dissappointed if neither song is played. They are awesome live tunes but there are so many other songs I would like to hear instead. Ive heard New O at every show I been too, and nowadays, the band is kinda going through the motions with it, its pretty close to the studio version of it. Much rather hear songs like Opiated, Put it off, Lets Stay Engaged, Impossibilium, and some other lesser known gems.