Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Calling all Darwinists...
#1

Dozens of kids hurt in New Year's sledding accident

MINOT, North Dakota (AP) -- Thirty-six children were injured in a sledding accident during an all-night New Year's Eve party hosted by a religious organization.

Three of the children were hospitalized, but all were in stable condition Saturday, hospital officials said. The others were treated and released.

Police Sgt. Winston Black said more than 100 children ages 12 to 19 attending a Youth for Christ event gathered at a high school around 4 a.m. to slide down a hill using sleds built out of cardboard boxes.

A sign posted on the hill prohibited sledding.

The children and Youth for Christ staff piled eight to 12 passengers on the sleds, then went down the hill in quick succession, Black said. "The sleds struck rocks, a light pole and each other," he said. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Black said he did not know if the organization had permission to use the hill. Police were investigating.

There was no immediate response to a call seeking comment from Youth for Christ headquarters on Saturday.
Reply
#2

"Youth For Christ"? More like "Youth For 'Oh Christ!! Watch Out!!'"

:lol: That is too funny. At first I thought, how can you laugh at kids getting hurt, but when I read "they struck rocks, poles and each other" I completely cracked up.
Reply
#3

go®d Wrote:"Youth For Christ"? More like "Youth For 'Oh Christ!! Watch Out!!'"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reply
#4

I have a number of friends that volunteer for YFC. It's quite a good organization. I find it ironic, however, that they were trespassing...

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#5

It wasn't the "Rock Church" was it?

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)