Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Aug 2004
Reputation:
0
..which one would it be? Truth be told, I'm sure I'll download them all at some point, but for now my budget only allows for one. Which is the best performance, and which is best quality-wise? How do they compare to all the recent torrent posted shows? I'm listening to the Sydney show right now, and it sounds awesome. Should make my trip from Sask. to Edmonton this weekend go a whole lot quicker.
Thanks
Dan
Posts: 917
Threads: 76
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
I personally thought Ottawa had better sound but more songs were played in London.. Hmmmm. I'd take London.
Not that any of the 3 are bad choices. You'll be satisfied no matter what one you download.
H
Posts: 1,623
Threads: 107
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
i had the same problem deciding between the 2...i ultimately decided to go with both shows...very good decision on my part
7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Posts: 93
Threads: 4
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I chose London over Ottawa.
Since I haven't heard the Ottawa show I can't critique it, but most of the songs played in Ottawa are either on LBU or will be on the Hip DVD that's (hopefully) being released in 2005.
Certainly Hip songs never sound the same twice, but if I were to only have 2 official Hip releases, I'd rather hear completely different songs than completely different versions of songs.
Ultimately I will be buying the Ottawa show too, but London should come first.
Posts: 295
Threads: 12
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
Choose Ottawa... because I was there. If I ever become famous, that recording could be worth something.
Also it has Vapour Trails, which hasn't been played in a while and a really nice performance (in my opinion) of Are We Family.
Posts: 591
Threads: 42
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I was at the Ottawa show, and it was absolutely amazing... great show, great crowd, unbelievable energy...
That being said, I like the London show better... I think it sounds better... I'm not sure why... plus there is a lot gems on the CD... I didn't think I'd ever hear Hiccups...