Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

If 'Get Back Again' was a duet....
#1

Who do you think gord would ask to sing with him?

I got to thinking about it today when I was listening 90-04-11 version. The part where Gord and Paul alternate on the singing would sound great with a female voice..(insert paul joke here, if you must)
Reply
#2

Sarah Harmer all the way...
Reply
#3

Sarah Mclachlan has already done one song with him and it sounded pretty good.
Reply
#4

Berry white

"whats the deal with your dad, baby.
He don't even know my name, but your mom sure does."
Reply
#5

Confusedcratch:
Reply
#6

Roy-at-tth Wrote:Berry white

"whats the deal with your dad, baby.
He don't even know my name, but your mom sure does."


woh... that would be eerie...

If a female companion were to join Gord on any song she would have to have a gritty voice a la Kathleen Edwards... Sarah Mclachlan's voice is to
'poppy'...

Maybe they could comission Geddy Lee? He's a damn good singer, just two octaves too high for most people to 'tune' into...
Reply
#7

I, for one, feel that Geddy Lee is absolutely terrible. Did a female accompany gord during get back again during the Swinging on a Star show?
Reply
#8

tragicallymike Wrote:I, for one, feel that Geddy Lee is absolutely terrible. Did a female accompany gord during get back again during the Swinging on a Star show?


Yes...Paul :lol:
Reply
#9

Ashlee Simpson...The Hip may get some US airplay and Simpson, who would simply lip-sync Paul's vocals, may regain some credibility. :lol:

Seriously, this is a pretty good "what if" thread. Sarah harmer's an obvious choice as some might say Kate Fenner would be. I think I'd have to go with Patty Griffin or Lucinda Williams. At first listen, both might seem to have a little too much of a 'Nashville' sound, but the tone and timbre their voices would totally fit.

~Scott

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply
#10

Unfathomable to me that anyone other than Paul would sing it. What I'd love to hear is Gord singing backup to Paul's lead vocals.

CT
Reply
#11

Sarah Mclachlan is to Poppy??????? first time I have ever heard that. Confusedcratch:
Reply
#12

I don't really want anyone other than Paul to sing it with Gord but, there are a few I think would be great.

1) Margo Timmons - Cowboy Junkies

She may have the sexiest voice of any female.

2) Simply Red

Can't think of the guys name, but he has such an amazing voice

3) Annie Lennox

Also such an amazing voice
Reply
#13

Billy Wrote:...

2) Simply Red

Can't think of the guys name, but he has such an amazing voice...
Mick Hucknall.

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply
#14

Levon Helm....gords unique vocals and helms crazy southern accent......oh man Confusedhock:
Reply
#15

Tom Waits: "What's! The Deal! With ... yer Dad!!" all the while banging on a steamer trunk with a rusty saxophone and an old boot.


CT
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)