Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

KILLER version of Giftshop
#1

The Ottawa show has an amazing version of Giftshop. Just drop-dead gorgeous. (or is it "gordgeous"??)
Reply
#2

man, this version of ABAC in Ottawa has me in tears. Damn, damn, damn do I love this band.
Reply
#3

It really was a great show. That word is over used, and hype tends to lead to let downs, but if you look up "great" in the dictionary (like the difference between Ali and Tyson) that's what this show was. Great.
Reply
#4

you'll get no argument from me on that. This show is just killer. Little moments in just about every song have knocked me over. One of the many highlights thus far (I'm at the tail-end of Poets, the twelfth song, right now) would have to be the end of Vapour Trails when Gord says "Past Canadians in beige shirts, leaning over their snow shovels..." the imagery is so powerful. Awesome!
Reply
#5

This show, despite its lack of an insanely good setlist is firmly placed at #3 of 15 on my list of shows... it was really just THAT good. It reminded me again why I wasted like $2000 in 6 months following them around. I was worried that I'd seen them too many times after the Ottawa capital show, but really.. Nov 28th renewed my faith 100%. It was absolutely awesome.
Reply
#6

Shannon, you said "wasted", when clearly the money you spent was NOT a waste...anyone who's spent anything for this band could likely attest to that...

Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Reply
#7

lol very true. I did in fact mean SPENT. Wasting money on this band is impossible Smile
Reply
#8

ShannonW Wrote:lol very true. I did in fact mean SPENT. Wasting money on this band is impossible Smile

Where does GIVING away primo Grey Cup tickets fall? Smile Some might call that a waste... Ah, but you were that couples angel! Smile

P.S. what's #1? Kingston? Wasaga? Philly?
Reply
#9

Stephen Dame Wrote:
ShannonW Wrote:lol very true. I did in fact mean SPENT. Wasting money on this band is impossible Smile

Where does GIVING away primo Grey Cup tickets fall? Smile Some might call that a waste... Ah, but you were that couples angel! Smile

P.S. what's #1? Kingston? Wasaga? Philly?


Like I was gonna watch the GREYcup? Football is defianately not my thing... I figured I'd give the tickets to someone who WASN'T seeing the band 11 times in 6 months. And I get to brag about how nice I am to people :twisted:
Also,
1. Philly
2. Washington (FighterFighter!)
3. Ottawa #3 of '04

Because nothing will EVER beat Philly. EVER!
Reply
#10

send me the song
Reply
#11

millionbeavers Wrote:send me the song

What, no "please"? Tongue :roll:
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)