Posts: 1,211
Threads: 99
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
For all you Hipbasers that have made the trek to both the Odeon and the Landmark theatre in the past, I ask, which did you find was the better venue? I can only make it to one U.S. show, and it's between these two. Anye help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone from the GTA is going to one of these shows, please let me know as well.
Here's to a great tour...
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Posts: 3,220
Threads: 297
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
Never been to either. But I say come to Syracuse.
Posts: 1,414
Threads: 73
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I have only been to the Odeon but it is nothing special as far as venues go ,although there is an upper level that is pretty cool. ( the sound is decent, not spectacular) I don't know how the venue is in Syracuse..?? As far as location though, Cleveland is a really awesome/clean/fun city to be in, and there is alot to do if you plan on being there for the day. :thumb:
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
The show in Cleveland is in a place called The Flats.
A whole bunch of bars and restaurants all on the two sides of the canal - with boats going in between.
Great time before and after the show.
The show is general addmission, so first come first serve.
The show in Syracuse has assigned seating and is in an old theatre, you can sit in the orchestra pit, floor seating, and balcony seating.
Great sound and venue.
The bars/restaurants are directly behind the theatre, but no way as great as going to the Flats for a couple cold ones.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 474
Threads: 46
Joined: Jul 2003
Reputation:
0
The Landmark, by far, is the nicest place that I have ever seen the Hip play. You would never think that the inside of that building would look that way when coming in off the street. The outside is kind of slumly looking, but the inside looks like a high class palace. Very easy to meet the band after the show as well.
Posts: 437
Threads: 28
Joined: Sep 2003
Reputation:
0
Is there as good of a chance meeting the band at either venue? (if anything, I'd assume Cleveland would be easier, given that it's a slightly smaller venue... is this so?)