Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Good Old Days
#1

Do you think we will ever see a setlist as solid as this one for example?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipbase.com/archive/concert.php?id=209">http://www.hipbase.com/archive/concert.php?id=209</a><!-- m -->

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#2

replace coconut cream with Sherpa and you're golden!!

The 96 bootlegs are among my favourite. Good call.
Reply
#3

Confusedhock: Sinclair musta been ripped that night :lol: Great gig she musta been :thumb:

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#4

I've got that one beat. Here's the setlist from the Somerville Theatre in Boston, 2002:

use it up
my music at work
blow at high dough
all torn up
700 ft. ceiling
pigeon camera
daredevil
silver jet
courage
don't wake daddy
it's a good life if you don't weaken
poets
greasy jungle
wheat kings
giftshop
the dire wolf
locked in the trunk of a car
-------------------------------

thugs
save the planet
new orleans is sinking
Reply
#5

The setlists from the Henhouse and Phantom Power tours are amazing. I'm glad to say that I saw The Hip during this era.

Nov 19, 1996 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 23, 1997 Winnipeg, MB
Feb 26, 1999 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 1, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 2, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Nov 23, 2004 Winnipeg, MB
Jan 20, 2007 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 7, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 9, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 10, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 11, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 7, 2011 Winnipeg, MB
Dec 1, 2012 Fargo, ND
Jan 26, 2013 Winnipeg, MB
Jan 28, 2013 Brandon, MB
Feb 14, 2015 Winnipeg, MB
Aug 5, 2016 Winnipeg, MB
Reply
#6

thats what im talking about.. they need to bring back some "b-sides" for all those hardcores out there. Who wants to here Newo for the 50,000 time, when you can hear a song live for the first time in your life

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.html?LinkID=12360571443252482_733834_744">http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.ht ... 733834_744</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#7

How about this one, from Bill's Bar in 1998:

first set
grace, too
poets
fully completely
bobcaygeon
fireworks
locked in the trunk of a car
membership
scared
something on
courage
700 ft. ceiling
emperor penguin
at the hundredth meridian
escape is at hand for the travellin man

first encore
springtime in vienna
new orleans is sinking
giftshop



Or this one from the night before that other Somerville show:

first set
silver jet
my music at work
grace, too
the darkest one
bobcaygeon
nautical disaster
fireworks
it's a good life if you don't weaken
at the hundredth meridian
something on
springtime in vienna
a beautiful thing
fifty mission cap
throwing off glass
locked in the trunk of a car
all torn up
little bones

first encore
are you ready
long time running
fire in the hole



I can't wait to see sets of this caliber that include stuff like VS, Melt, Gus, Everywhere and Josephine. I love the Henhouse/Power days, but the good old days are still here.
Reply
#8

I like Lances' setlist the best so far.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#9

I agree that the '96 bootlegs are some of the best aswell.

Dallas (Trees) is one of my favs.
Reply
#10

direwolf74 Wrote:I've got that one beat. Here's the setlist from the Somerville Theatre in Boston, 2002:

use it up
my music at work
blow at high dough
all torn up
700 ft. ceiling
pigeon camera
daredevil
silver jet
courage
don't wake daddy
it's a good life if you don't weaken
poets
greasy jungle
wheat kings
giftshop
the dire wolf
locked in the trunk of a car
-------------------------------

thugs
save the planet
new orleans is sinking

...wait a minute... Mark's been looking for that setlist! THIEF!!!! Smile
Reply
#11

cperison . no offense but that 2nd list is a horrible setlist....

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.html?LinkID=12360571443252482_733834_744">http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.ht ... 733834_744</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#12

gratts99, no offense but you're apparently unaware of what you're talking about. I've been to over 20 Hip shows since 1988, and have never been to a better show than that one. Others on this board who went to it will agree with me. A large part of the reason for that was the set list.

So unless you have some justification for your bewildering comment, feel free to, as Archie used to say, stifle.
Reply
#13

cpierson Wrote:gratts99, no offense but you're apparently unaware of what you're talking about. I've been to over 20 Hip shows since 1988, and have never been to a better show than that one. Others on this board who went to it will agree with me. A large part of the reason for that was the set list.

So unless you have some justification for your bewildering comment, feel free to, as Archie used to say, stifle.

I don't know but the second setlist looks like a pretty standard IVL setlist to me. Not too many sets really stood out for me in 2002. I was lucky enough to be at the Winnipeg show where they did Gems before Dire Wolf which was a surprise and they played Daredevil at that show which didn't appear too often during that tour. The second night though you could pretty much guess what songs were going to be played based on the previous nights set.

I still say Henhouse and Phantom Power tours had the best sets.
Reply
#14

cpierson Wrote:gratts99, no offense but you're apparently unaware of what you're talking about. I've been to over 20 Hip shows since 1988, and have never been to a better show than that one. Others on this board who went to it will agree with me. A large part of the reason for that was the set list.

So unless you have some justification for your bewildering comment, feel free to, as Archie used to say, stifle.


I agree. Stephen Dame and I were at both the 7/27 and 7/28 Boston shows on the IVL tour, and that particular night was freakin' incredible. Best Hip show I've ever seen. Not necessarily because of the setlist, but mostly because of the atmosphere in the room. It was a very high-energy performance by the boys and the crowd was simply amazing. And how can ya go wrong when Gord lets the audience sing the entire first chorus to Long Time Running. It was absolutely magical.

Show #3 had the best setlist as far as rare songs go, but show #2 was by far the best performance.
Reply
#15

im sorry but any concert with throwing of glass in it and fireworks followed by its a "concert killer" good life can not be the best ever. I understand the performance was great, however the topic is "the good old days" NOT " songs we hear all the time (except t.o.g.)

lance's orginal post was a kick ass set... to each their own Smile

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.html?LinkID=12360571443252482_733834_744">http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.ht ... 733834_744</a><!-- m -->
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)