Posts: 13
Threads: 5
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
Has anybody else here heard from Peter Padjen, aka livehip, lately? I purchased a number of Hip shows from him in early December when he was liquidating his collection, and have received less than half of what I asked and paid for. Thanks much.
-Eric
Posts: 1,005
Threads: 73
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
I purchased 3 DVD's from Peter in December as well. I've tried emailing him but no response. Maybe he's really busy. Peter, if you're out there, give us a shout man.
Jamie
Posts: 980
Threads: 86
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
i think im missing some cd's from him as well
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
It seems that every so often Peter disappears, and people are left wondering where their stuff is. I thought that he stiffed me once, and although he DIDN'T, (a few months later the DVD's arrived) I was still left with a poor impression.
Have faith that your stuff will show up. If I recall correctly, as a result of his car accident he was cutting expenses, liquidating bootlegs, etc. Perhaps his internet connection was eliminated in a cost cutting measure; hence his lack of correspondence.
Posts: 2,367
Threads: 143
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I hope so. I sent him a cheque and I'm going to have to go see if it was cashed or not. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything yet of course, especially in light of Peter's situation, but it's been a few months now (I mailed the cheque in November) and I've been wondering where my stuff is. Peter, if you see this, please reply.
Posts: 761
Threads: 111
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I don't think anyone has anything to worry about.
Peter wouldn't stiff anyone, he's been helping Hipsters for years.
I've personally given him over $700 in the last 8 months for cd's, dvd's and other memorebelia. It took a while to get here but the final pieces arrived around New Years and nothing was missing.
Have faith folks. Last I spoke with him, he was getting rid of his Intenet service to save money and therefore was checking emails & PM's at an Internet cafe.
And for anyone feeling slighted by the amount of time it's taking....think of how many blanks he churns out in a month for people. Then try burning even half of that yourself and you might understand why it takes a bit of time to get your boots to you.
Posts: 903
Threads: 39
Joined: Jan 2003
Reputation:
0
I paid for some DVD's in early Dec and most of them arrived last week , he left a note with them mentioning he had some computer problems and apologized for them being late. So I would hazard a guess they are probably on their way .
Posts: 2,571
Threads: 145
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Posts: 1,795
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
so does anyone know what exactly happened to him as a result of this accident?
Posts: 2,367
Threads: 143
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
When he posted he mentioned bad burns, so it sounds really nasty. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for ages knowing what he must be going through.
It's good to know people who have waited a really long time to get their stuff from him have all gotten it in the end, I feel much better about the situation now.
Posts: 2,367
Threads: 143
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I don't want to put words in his mouth, but this is what I found in an old post:
"Just to let people know that everyone's dvds will be going out this weekend. I was unfortunately involved in a SERIOUS car accident in which I was lucky to get out alive. I was stuck in the car for over 3 hours after the accident and I'm REALLY lucky to walk away with only a seriously damaged foot (serious burns and I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk on it again).."