Posts: 210
Threads: 24
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
I realize The Hip are busy touring at the moment, and just put out an album, but does anyone know if there are plans for another Gord Downie solo outing? Another book of poetry perhaps? I would personally love to see him return to either the experimental folk of his first album or the rocking, catchy sensibility of his second. Just please God, not another abortion like The Grand Bounce, which I think about grandly bouncing from my music collection every time I try to sit through it.
Posts: 17
Threads: 0
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
The Grand Bounce is a very cool record. You're not hearing it right.
I know he made a record with the Sadies. That might come out soon.
b
Posts: 103
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2009
Reputation:
0
I saw a few videos with Gord and the Sadies on youtube. They sounded pretty awful, IMO.
Posts: 100
Threads: 7
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
the grand bounce is amazing, i don't know what you're hearing? with a face like an ass, perhaps it's affected your hearing.
Posts: 929
Threads: 34
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
There will be another solo album before too long. He's got a bunch of tracks he's been working on for a while!
Come say hi on twitter
@MattMerritt
Posts: 21
Threads: 3
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
Whatever happened to his collaboration with the Sadies?
Posts: 680
Threads: 34
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
I love The Grand Bounce...it's my fave hip related album of the past 7 years...including the past 3 hip albums
Posts: 892
Threads: 32
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Well, I don't like The Grand Bounce either. I just don't hear focused melodies or hooks anywhere; they come off as lyrics for which he had no strong melodic ideas. And believe it or not my face is not shaped like an arse!
Posts: 343
Threads: 29
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
I am seeing Gord playing or appearing in Buffalo October 5 at Mark Adams. Its a hotel near HSBC or whatever it is now. Anyone know anything about this?
Posts: 343
Threads: 29
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Sorry typo.....Adams Mark Hotel
Posts: 343
Threads: 29
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Another typo....October 3rd
Posts: 264
Threads: 17
Joined: Dec 2005
Reputation:
0
not sure if this has been posted. But Sarah Harmer tweeted that the Sadies and Gord are playing a free concert at Mel Lastman Sq. on Sun. Oct. 6