Posts: 1,553
Threads: 386
Joined: May 2005
Reputation:
0
Match-up #57 - The Depression Suite Vs. Emperor Penguin
Please listen to the two songs in the match-up Back to Back, and consider the lyrics of the song.
Feel free to post an unbiased analysis of both songs in this thread, but please refrain from cheerleading or making predictions for your favourites.
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
When I voted The Suite was winning by 9 votes I think?
A guess a little "a la habs" come from behind victory!
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 200
Threads: 4
Joined: Nov 2009
Reputation:
0
I think i was 3rd vote. 2 to 1 for depression at that point. March on with pride Mr. Penguin!
Posts: 517
Threads: 26
Joined: Aug 2006
Reputation:
0
If DS beat Penguin I was going to puke
Posts: 958
Threads: 6
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
This was a tough one, but I had to go with Penguin. The results show how much respect DS gets in these parts though given the popularity of Penguin. For me it's probably the best song they've written since Phantom Power.