Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
November 18th, 1998
Charles E. Smith Center, George Washington University, Washington, DC
1. Grace, Too
2. Fireworks
3. Giftshop
4. Poets
5. ABAC
6. Something On
7. BOBC
8. Courage
I never knew this show even existed! I am working on it right now, I will have a bittorent ready tonight.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 1,795
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
what is the source?
also, instead of BT, can someone host the shn's on an ftp? BT really sucks if there are no seeds available. this is the case with most hip BT's
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
I have BT 2 shows before, I post them on bt.etree.org and sharingthegroove.org. Worked out great, I can also upload to
ftp.thehundredthmeridian.com when the bt is done.
Only thing I know about source is (Corsound->Minidisk)
I will give the show a "A".
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 980
Threads: 86
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
Who gave you this show???
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.html?LinkID=12360571443252482_733834_744">http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.ht ... 733834_744</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Brian Buckmaster from Maryland.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 176
Threads: 30
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I think that the 98 tour was one of my favourites.. at least bootleg wise... Alan Moore's recordings are incredible... (this is off topic a little but I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in)
Posts: 2,367
Threads: 143
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
OK pardon a latecomer to the party but can someone give me the gist of BitTorrents? I noticed the "download" is only 12k for the new show just put up...this is clearly not the boot. Does BT allow you to download onto your machine like an FTP? I have been hearing murmurs about BT here and there but never managed to patch together an understanding of what exactly it is.
Posts: 1,795
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sharingthegroove.org">www.sharingthegroove.org</a><!-- w -->
they have an FAQ that will tell you everything you need to know.
Posts: 447
Threads: 42
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I'm no expert, but basically, a swarm of users all connect to each other and share packets of information between one another. It starts with just one complete copy of whatever (in this case a Hip show), and each connected computer starts downloading random packets of information that it needs. Once you have some of that info, your machine will start sharing with other machines. Eventually you'll have all of the information, and there will be multiple complete copies. The more users that are connected at any one time, the faster the downloading will be!
One important thing to remember, is to stay connected even after you are finished downloading. This allows others to continue downloading from you. You should try and continue uploading info to others, at least as long as it took you to continue downloading. Or, try to continue sharing until you have uploaded as much as you downloaded. Of course, you can stay connected even longer if possible, and help out many others!
Here is a link to a great bit torrent faq. You probably don't need to read it all right away, but you'll be able to get a better idea of how it all works:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://appleshare.no-ip.com/faq_brian_bittorrent.php">http://appleshare.no-ip.com/faq_brian_bittorrent.php</a><!-- m -->
You will have to download and instal a bit torrent client which will manage your downloading/uploading. There will be several links within the faq, but I highly recommend the software found here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/">http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/</a><!-- m -->
Happy torrenting!
Posts: 447
Threads: 42
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
Follow the link that Lance gave for the Bit Torrent. When you find it, right-click on it and "save as...". Save it to your desktop, or somewhere easy to find. Then just double click it, and Shadow's client will automatically open up (you shouldn't actually open up the software yourself). It'll ask you where to save the files. The best thing to do is to create a folder first, and save them to your new folder. That way all of the music will be contained in one easy to access spot. After that you should notice some file transfering start. Shadow's client is very good, it'll tell you % complete, current speed of download/upload, share ratio (upload:download ratio), etc. Have fun, and I'll be happy to help with anything else!
Posts: 2,367
Threads: 143
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I just posted a message saying it wasn't working for me, but now it is. Ha ha!! I triumphed over technology! I hate how easy these things seem in retrospect. I think it's technically working because I seem to have started downloading something (the thing you said would come up did indeed start itself). Hopefully I won't need anything more from ya!