Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Dan Akroyd on Stage with The Hip
#1

I'm just wondering if anybody knows how many times he's appeared on stage playing the harmonica with them.
I only know of these two:
2004-09-12 - Kingston, Ontario - Locked In The Trunk Of A Car
2005-07-02 - Barrie, Ontario - Poets

Does anybody know of any others?

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#2

Does SNL count? He didn't play, but he was on the same stage...

Did he play Bluesfest in Kingston with them?
Reply
#3

9/22/04 at Webster Hall in NYC. I was there!
Reply
#4

scantara Wrote:9/22/04 at Webster Hall in NYC. I was there!
Oh cool, what song did they perform together?

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#5

chris Wrote:Did he play Bluesfest in Kingston with them?

He was on stage with them at the Bluesfest, but I don't think he played with them? However The Hip played the "Blues Brothers" intro music when he came on stage. I think its called "Chicken Shack"??

Heck he may have pulled out a harmonica when all of them were on stage with Charlie Musselwhite?

That was a few years ago now, my memory is muddy........... Smile
Reply
#6

on the who played the harp with the boys is there any recordings of john popper jamming with them from the another roadside tour?

Ron
Reply
#7

I wonder if it will happen again on Feb. 23rd???
Reply
#8

ron Wrote:on the who played the harp with the boys is there any recordings of john popper jamming with them from the another roadside tour?

Ron

I think I have that somewhere... I'll check this weekend.


nhaste Wrote:I wonder if it will happen again on Feb. 23rd???
Fingers and toes, fingers and toes, they're all crossed...
Reply
#9

Regarding the Webster Hall show - It was during the last song "Blow at High Dough". People went nuts. I believe Aykroyd had joined them a few times that year.
Reply
#10

ron Wrote:on the who played the harp with the boys is there any recordings of john popper jamming with them from the another roadside tour?

Ron

I have a recording with John Popper playing the harmonica on Fight with them. (I think ARA 95 - Markham, not sure though).

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)