Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

What name and number should I put on my Leafs jersey?
#1

I recently got last years third jersey (the vintage style one) and I can't decide what name and number to put on it. I've narrowed it down to two.... either Tim Horton (7) or Bill Barilko (5).

Whats everyones opinion? And Leaf bashers save me your 'put Losers Since as the name and 67 as the number'.

:mrgreen:
Reply
#2

I work for the Boys and Girls Club of Canada, and we have a partnership with Tim Hortons Camps. It's amazing what Horton did for kids, and what his namesake continues to do for them. So, I'm a little biased for Horton.

At the same time, the Hip sang a song about Barilko, so you can't go wrong with that one either.

If you really want to go old-school, you can always use Bower (one of the all-time underrated goalies) with the number 1, or even something like Eddie Shack, who was defnitely a character, and slap the old 23 on the back!
Reply
#3

Zero would probably be appropriate. Smile
Reply
#4

I'd go for Horton as well.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#5

not a leafs fan, but ya gotta go Barilko




ps : does anybody know which hockey card gord makes reference to in 'cap' ?

i need to dig out my proset early nineties set, i think it may be from that series, can't find an exact link to picture but it's the first one from this search result

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=bill+barilko+hockey+card&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2">http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q= ... ages&gbv=2</a><!-- m -->

edit : i think this is the goal that won the leafs the cup

[Image: d_1745.jpg]
Reply
#6

kleh Wrote:ps : does anybody know which hockey card gord makes reference to in 'cap' ?

This 'un! I keep a copy in my Fully Completely case.

[Image: barilkofront.jpg]

[Image: barilkoback.jpg]
Reply
#7

awesome thanks for posting that!! :thumb:
Reply
#8

Name: Loser
Number: 0

Just kidding, go old school for sure
Reply
#9

You can never go wrong with "13 - SUNDIN". I know it's not old school, but screw it: man's a legend!
Reply
#10

Only one would go on my back

93 Gilmour

Just the thought of what he did for the club during his time.............there is only one Dougie, no one will ever match him.
Reply
#11

I went with Barilko.

It's good for Leaf games, as well as Hip concerts
Reply
#12

cochise Wrote:Only one would go on my back

93 Gilmour

Just the thought of what he did for the club during his time.............there is only one Dougie, no one will ever match him.

That's what I've got on mine. Any of the classics are good too though. Sundin is the only current player even remotely worthy consideration.
Reply
#13

Phantom51 Wrote:Name: Loser
Number: 0

Just kidding, go old school for sure


suck

00
Reply
#14

I would never buy a shirt of a player who is younger than me.
Reply
#15

can't go wrong with ole #99 W. Paiement
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)