Poll: Which song do you think is better? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Dire Wolf
0%
0
0%
Cordelia
0%
0
0%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Match up #3
#1

Match-up #3 - The Dire Wolf Vs. Cordelia
I ask you to listen to the two songs in the match-up Back to Back, and consider the lyrics of the song. Feel free to post an unbiased analysis of both songs in this thread, but please refrain from cheerleading or making predictions for your favourites.
Reply
#2

Sorry, but this one is the first total 'No brainer'. Cordelia's cool, but The Dire Wolf is... Well, The Dire Wolf! 8) Big Grin
Reply
#3

Zenith Wrote:Sorry, but this one is the first total 'No brainer'. Cordelia's cool, but The Dire Wolf is... Well, The Dire Wolf! 8) Big Grin

I don't think it's as clear-cut as that.....many people grew up with Cordelia...argh, this is a tough one.

Edit: okay, my vote is in.....can't wait to see which one comes out on top :thumb:
Reply
#4

Zenith Wrote:Sorry, but this one is the first total 'No brainer'. Cordelia's cool, but The Dire Wolf is... Well, The Dire Wolf! 8) Big Grin

i felt the previous two were 'no brainers'. i don't know if i can decide between these two. i'm going to hold off on my vote for now :roll:
Reply
#5

srb Wrote:
Zenith Wrote:Sorry, but this one is the first total 'No brainer'. Cordelia's cool, but The Dire Wolf is... Well, The Dire Wolf! 8) Big Grin

I don't think it's as clear-cut as that.....many people grew up with Cordelia...argh, this is a tough one.

I should have been clearer: For me personally this round is a no brainer. I can appriciate that a lot of longer serving fans will have more of a connection to Cordelia, but being something of Hip newbie (relatively) I think I may have missed the impact. The Dire Wolf on the other hand gets me every time!
Reply
#6

Zenith Wrote:Sorry, but this one is the first total 'No brainer'. Cordelia's cool, but The Dire Wolf is... Well, The Dire Wolf! 8) Big Grin

hey for us oldtimers this is 1 is agonizing :nooooo
Reply
#7

Zenith Wrote:Sorry, but this one is the first total 'No brainer'. Cordelia's cool, but The Dire Wolf is... Well, The Dire Wolf! 8) Big Grin

i thought it was a clear 'no-brainer' in the other direction... maybe this whole thing is going to be more interesting then i first thought.
Reply
#8

I thought it would be a no brainer, but after listening to them again, it was really close.

In the end, I chose Dire Wolf over Cordelia, even though Cordelia really does rock.

Edit: OOOH that is a close race.
Reply
#9

Lyrically, Cordelia might be Gord's most complex work...

Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Reply
#10

not even close

Cordelia
Reply
#11

It was closer then I thought for me, but I gave it to Cordelia for the raw power of the song.

9:45 Mountain...looks like Cordelia is pulling away
Reply
#12

No brainer for Cordelia. Now if I may:

MACBEEEEEEEEEEETH!
Reply
#13

Marrying words, falling in your wake
Just to tell what you can't eliminate
Reply
#14

so far i tend to be voting for which ever song is older...i dunno if its that i love the older stuff better or coincidence.
Reply
#15

aggghhhh...this is tougher than I thought it would be.

expanse getting broader
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)