Posts: 1,618
Threads: 125
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
LOL, I was just asked last night and this morning "how many times do you have to go see them"??
Posts: 1,585
Threads: 60
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
Yeah, people at my work just don't understand either
Posts: 323
Threads: 51
Joined: Jun 2006
Reputation:
0
I whole-heartedly agree. The best thing about this band is that it is a different show each night, so it makes seeing them so often that much easier to justify.
Posts: 563
Threads: 33
Joined: Nov 2005
Reputation:
0
I get this question myself, and I usually respond with this analogy.
It's like watching every Leaf's game (or any game for that matter) all season. Yes, technically, you are watching the "same" thing over and over, but they are all unique. You never know whats going to happen.
Posts: 1,311
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
wow i never seen so many posts so fast :lol:
Posts: 126
Threads: 1
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
That actually was me at work today. Had tickets for the Friday Buffalo show and just told my boss I was going to Rochester the night before and needed that day off too. No one understood why. Glad everybody here does :thumb: I need more vacation time.
Posts: 1,577
Threads: 35
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm up to 17 times ... I'm starting to make apologies for myself when people ask me. I tell them not to worry until I hit the 30s.
My buddy was trailing me by one after the October club shows (16 to 15) so he went ahead and got tickets to Oshawa-Hamilton-Toronto and now he's up 18-17.
Posts: 62
Threads: 9
Joined: Feb 2005
Reputation:
0
When I talk to my friends about how I won't be seeing The Hip when they come to the West Coast this year because I'm over here, they can't seem to get it when I get a little emotional and start to have my sentences trail off while choking back tears... I hate that.
Posts: 44
Threads: 4
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
Too funny, I get the same thing. "You're still following them around?"
Q:How many times are going to see them? A: UNTIL THEY GET IT RIGHT! :lol: Actually, it took me a few road trips back in '95 before I even figured out ANYONE followed the band. I didn't want to admit it because I used to bust chops for Deadheads in the exact same way. I've always compared the first few trips it to Richard Dreyfuss in "Close Encounters." He didn't know why he had to go that mountain/alien landing zone place, he just went. But, he did know it would be cool when he got there!