Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Favourite music at this moment....
#91

I caught an amazing performance by The Frames on Jimmy Fallon a couple weeks ago and I've been obsessed with them ever since. I already owned one of their albums (2007's "The Cost") after seeing the movie "Once" and discovering what Glen Hansard was all about. The guy is one hell of a songwriter, and I had no idea that his main band The Frames had been around for the past 20 years. They have a similar following in Ireland that the Hip have here in Canada. Insanely popular in their home country, but barely known in the rest of the world. Anyways, they're a fantastic band. Here's their performance from Fallon:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2010/11/web-exclusive-the-frames-perform-finally/">http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com ... m-finally/</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#92

direwolf74 Wrote:I caught an amazing performance by The Frames on Jimmy Fallon a couple weeks ago and I've been obsessed with them ever since. I already owned one of their albums (2007's "The Cost") after seeing the movie "Once" and discovering what Glen Hansard was all about. The guy is one hell of a songwriter, and I had no idea that his main band The Frames had been around for the past 20 years. They have a similar following in Ireland that the Hip have here in Canada. Insanely popular in their home country, but barely known in the rest of the world. Anyways, they're a fantastic band. Here's their performance from Fallon:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2010/11/web-exclusive-the-frames-perform-finally/">http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com ... m-finally/</a><!-- m -->

They're a band I've been aware of but never really investigated too thoroughly. I will now however.

Recently, I've been on a big Deer Tick and Fleet Foxes kick.
Reply
#93

direwolf74 Wrote:I caught an amazing performance by The Frames on Jimmy Fallon a couple weeks ago and I've been obsessed with them ever since. I already owned one of their albums (2007's "The Cost") after seeing the movie "Once" and discovering what Glen Hansard was all about. The guy is one hell of a songwriter, and I had no idea that his main band The Frames had been around for the past 20 years. They have a similar following in Ireland that the Hip have here in Canada. Insanely popular in their home country, but barely known in the rest of the world. Anyways, they're a fantastic band. Here's their performance from Fallon:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2010/11/web-exclusive-the-frames-perform-finally/">http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com ... m-finally/</a><!-- m -->

That was a sweet performance, especially the vocals.
Reply
#94

Here's a sample of what I've been listening to in March!

1. Low - Try to Sleep
2. Noah & The Whale - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.
3. Katie Costello - Cassette Tape
4. Electric Owls - Magic Show
5. Erland & The Carnival - I'm Not Really Here
6. Timber Timbre - Creep On Creepin' On
7. Trent Dabbs - Neil Young
8. Rival Schools - 69 Guns
9. Wye Oak - Dog Eyes
10. TV on the Radio - Will Do
11. Found - Machine Age Dancing
12. Steve Mason - Am I Just a Man
13. The Leisure Society - Save It for Someone Who Cares
14. Adam Haworth Stephens - The Cities That You've Burned
15. The Sand Band - the secret chord
16. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

Download: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?wyz2j45jn941v7y">http://www.mediafire.com/?wyz2j45jn941v7y</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#95

Here's a sample of what I've been spinning over the last few weeks:

R.E.M.- Collapse Into Now
Buffalo Tom- Skins
Hey Rosetta- Seeds
Paul Langlois- Fix This Head
Strippers Union- The Deuce
David Lowery- The Palace Guards
Social Distortion- Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes
Drive-By Truckers- Go Go Boots
Tom Waits- Real Gone
Death Cab for Cutie- Narrow Stairs
Hoodoo Gurus- Mach Schau
The Frames- Dance the Devil
Queens of the Stone Age- Lullabies to Paralyze
Sam Roberts Band- Love at the End of the World
Foo Fighters- Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
Pearl Jam- Live at the Orpheum Theatre, Boston '94
Reply
#96

daylight Wrote:Here's a sample of what I've been listening to in March!

16. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

Download: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?wyz2j45jn941v7y">http://www.mediafire.com/?wyz2j45jn941v7y</a><!-- m -->

This album has leaked, with knowledge of by the band (and a blind eye), and is absolutely incredible. I can't wait to buy the real thing and give it a proper blasting through my sound system. Also, I really hope they expand their tour itinerary, and come somewhere remotely close to Toronto or southern Ontario this summer.
Reply
#97

A few albums I've been constantly listening too lately.

Pearl Jam - Live On Ten Legs
Grace Potter and The Nocturnals - Self-Titled
Paul McCartney - Ram
Stripper's Union - The Deuce
The Strokes - Angles
Wilco (The Album) <-- Underrated.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#98

Clutch - live flint michigan
them crooked vultures
tom petty & the heartbreakers - echo
pearl jam - kitchener 05 boot, what a great great boot !!!
2nd wintersleep album
My morning jacket's okonokos <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7LL55EUrQ">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7LL55EUrQ</a><!-- m -->

and the 1st white stripes album has been cranked in the car for most of march & now into april
Reply
#99

kleh Wrote:My morning jacket's okonokos
With the decent weather the past couple days - I was cranking this great album in the back yard.
Ah, bring on Summer.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply

Mumford & Sons have been on a repeat around here for a few weeks now.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply

Hacienda - Loud is the Night (2008)
Caught them live at the horseshoe opening up for the greenhornes... the are a beast live!, great jams!
I by their album and read produced by Dan Auerbach, and find out they were his backing solo band -- wowed.
.band has 3 brothers
Reply

[Image: album-exit-the-dragon.jpg]

Not sure if this should be here or in the "Albums you've recently re-discovered" thread. New UO coming out inspired me to dig this gem out I haven't heard in a while. Love these guys!
Reply

I've been diggin The Strokes for the past week.
Reply

I love this album.

[Image: 51AR9NptmbL.jpg]
Reply

City and Colour Little Hell is blowing me away right now Confusedhock:

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)