Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Road Apples era demos "2 Meter Sessie" 1991
#1

Just wanted to see if anyone out there knows anything about this disc. I've been collecting Hip stuff for quite some time now, but I can't remember how I got this disc into my collection. I've checked around to see if there is any info out there for it. but no luck. I found a German website with that odd name: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.2metersessies.nl/">http://www.2metersessies.nl/</a><!-- m -->

It features working tracks of 100th Meridian (twice), Little Bones, Bring It All Back, Cordelia, Unplucked, Long Time Running and some starts and stops. Really interesting to hear tracks like this in a somewhat raw condition. I'm hoping there are more discs out there like this one. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Reply
#2

Not too sure what info you are looking for, but:

It looks to be just an in studio taped performance show.
Here is the date and full known setlist of the 1991 show:
Amsterdam, NETH
2 Meter Sessie, VARA Radio
11/16/91
At the Hundredth Meridian
Little Bones
Bring It All Back
Cordelia
Last of the Unplucked Gems
At the Hundredth Meridian
Long Time Running


Below are awesome videos from the 1997 2 meter sessie.


[youtube]fO1eQwyhGEU[/youtube]
[youtube]t9OCmc6TUXE[/youtube]
[youtube]XoJn_sJGE3c[/youtube]

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#3

I used to have an mp3 of Long Time Running from this. It was the absolute best recording I have ever heard of it... rivaling the version on Road Apples.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#4

[quote="hipnhitch"]I found a German website with that odd name: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.2metersessies.nl/">http://www.2metersessies.nl/</a><!-- m -->


Smile it was a dutch show
Reply
#5

hipnhitch Wrote:I found a German website with that odd name: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.2metersessies.nl/">http://www.2metersessies.nl/</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Meter_Sessies&ei=2P4hTKzlFoH6lwfZ3M3OAQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CEEQ7gEwBg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwhat%2Bare%2B2%2Bmeter%2Bsessies%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Dv">http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 26prmd%3Dv</a><!-- m -->

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#6

sean.bonner Wrote:I used to have an mp3 of Long Time Running from this. It was the absolute best recording I have ever heard of it... rivaling the version on Road Apples.

I listened to this disc today in my car and cranked it up, it's excellent. The chit-chat between tracks is interesting at times, though I wish some of it could have been replaced by another song or two, and it's strange that it has 100th twice.

Thanks (Tthip) for posting the youtube stuff from the 1997 sessie. And everyone else for chiming in with info.

Does anyone know how many of these exist? The sound is incredible, like sitting in the room with them. I'm certainly interested in picking them up. I can make this available too, but I might need some hand holding on how to get that done properly.
Reply
#7

hipnhitch Wrote:Does anyone know how many of these exist? The sound is incredible, like sitting in the room with them. I'm certainly interested in picking them up. I can make this available too, but I might need some hand holding on how to get that done properly.
This is actually being seeded on thehiptracker already.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehiptracker.com/details.php?id=253">http://www.thehiptracker.com/details.php?id=253</a><!-- m -->

And take a look at the whole setlist:
(Un-named tracks named courtesy of Hipbase's Lance)

The Tragically Hip
2 Meter Sessie
VARA Radio
Amsterdam, Netherlands
November 16, 1991

01. Pussycat (Sound check)
02. At The Hundredth Meridian
03. Yea Yea Yea (Sound check)
04. Little Bones
05. Screaming (Sound check)
06. Bring It All Back (Instrumental)
07. Bring It All Back
08. It Would Be My Pleasure (Sound check)
09. Cordelia
10. Cordelia (Take 2)
11. The Med (Sound check)
12. The Last Of The Unplucked Gems
13. At The Hundredth Meridian (Take 2)
14. Funky Shirt (Sound check)
15. Long Time Running (Take 2)
16. Long Time Running

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#8

Goddamn, I love those videos. They are so great. They are so stoned.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)