Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

"World Container"
#61

Confirm shipment for me too...$15.98 total.

thanks for the tip jeremy.
Reply
#62

For those in Canada, Future Shop has it for 9.99 on Tuesday.
Reply
#63

Hi all,

Glad I could help.

-->Can't wait to get it.

...Now if us US fans could get the Live 10 series from iTunes sometime soon.......

Jerremy
Reply
#64

I wanted to bump this thread, or something World Container related.
Amongst all this "We Are The Same"ness, I decided to take a break, and just spun World Container from start to finish for the first time in a very very long time.
This album truly is a gem, and has some now "classic" Hip tunes.

I really hope they carry over these songs onto the new tour. I know that hearing Yer Not The Ocean every night of the WC tour may have made the song wear thin for lots of people (and I guess the same can be said for The Lonely End Of The Rink, In View, Family Band... and maybe even World Container), but I still hope they pop up consistently. I'm not saying I want to see that they played Yer Not The Ocean every night, but I just hope these songs don't get forgotten.
This has happened in the past.

I think Nashville was played maybe... twice last tour?
Gus was probably the most frequently played tune from IBE on the WC tour... and it was rare that they even played that.

Heck, I would even go so far as to say it would be epic if they opened a show or two with The Lonely End Of The Rink!

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#65

I agree man, WC was my favourite album since Phantom Power and I'd have to rank it pretty high on my overall list. I hope they put some of those songs on rotation on the upcoming tour.

I think I'm gonna go give it another listen right now actually!
Reply
#66

IN light of WATS, I'm not sure if I can like WC anymore. I think I was just in denial. It's a cool little pop record but basically sucks WATS' dick when it comes to pretty much all aspects.
Reply
#67

I could deal with Family Band, Rink, and Luv(sic) being relative fixtures. Ocean and Kids occasionally, too.
Reply
#68

I still want to see "The Drop-Off" live. Aside from that... "Family Band" again maybe. Nothing on that album had the magnitude of any WATS song. I still need to sift through the posts about this album that have surfaced since EVERYONE on here has heard the album, but I still reckon that a decent chunk don't share my opinion on how AMAZING this album is. Possibly number two or three (since number one is a tie between IVL and TATH) on my fav. album rankings...
Reply
#69

… if I had to pick a song or two that I would keep from WC it would be the 2 F's

Fly and the Family Band

I would groove to hear them live again..!!
Reply
#70

I would be shocked if they didn't keep World Container and Yer Not the Ocean as regulars only because of the addition of keys. This would allow Robby to do more of that lead at the end of WC!
Reply
#71

Guaranteed that we will see a whole lot of IN VIEW this tour because they now have a key player to make it sound more like the album... And...just throwing this out there.... I don't think we will get Drop off much this tour due to the fact that song is a complete vocal shredder. I'd bet we get these... in view, ocean, world container and family band.
Reply
#72

I'm the type of fan as Puck: PP is my total favorite, with WC as a close second. Which is the opposite of many Hip fans who tolerate the newer stuff and think RA is their masterpiece. (Whatever makes your experience enjoyable!) While WATS is growing on me, and so far I'm loving it, I really don't know how I'm going to be able to rank it against other Hip albums. How can I possibly compare the opening track of this album against others? This thing is a completely different animal.
Reply
#73

WC is at the bottom of the barrel for me as far as hip records go.
Reply
#74

I hope the Drop Off is a mainstay on the set, cause it is a perfect arena rocker. As far as one comment that it is a vocal shredder, maybe so, but that is how Gord chooses to sing it, and this certainly isn't the only one that ends up being screamed out in that fashion.

I think we will hear Rink, Family, Ocean, WC, View, Drop Off all about the same amount; semi-regular, but not all in the same set.

We may get Kids here and there but not much. The rest would be once in a blue moon.

I was hoping In View would fall by the wayside because nobody seems to care about it when it's played. However the comment that we should expect to hear it regularly because of the keyboard addition is all too true. Maybe it will get better who knows.
Reply
#75

I hope they keep up with Kids, Family Band, Drop Off and World Container. They're all just awesome songs.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)