Poll: How often will you vote this year? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nearly everyday - I don't plan on missing it!
87.50%
14
87.50%
Sometimes - Whenever it is convenient for me...
12.50%
2
12.50%
Rarely - This doesn't really interest me at all.
0%
0
0%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hip 64 Tournament - Monday March 16th
#1

Remember that the first day of match-ups will start on Monday, March 16th and continuing everyday until we crown the 2009 Hip 64 champion! This year's match-ups are looking great! Do you feel the excitement?
Reply
#2

I can feel the excitement. I'm all giddy, Shane.
Reply
#3

Perhaps we could petition for a Sweet 16 live record - the top 16 tracks, performed live (in concert or in studio) and then released...

And if not, perhaps a "Liveponymous II" could take on this theme?
Reply
#4

That's a great idea I am all for that :thumb:

want to be a nobody without peer
want to be a thought that's never done
want to shake your faith in human nature
want to break the hearts of everyone
want to be your wheezing screen door
want to be your stars of Algonquin
want to be your roaring floorboard
want to break the hearts of everyone
Reply
#5

Is there going to be an overall bracket posted? ... or not until the first set of rounds has finished?

Didn't Ben make one last year [not to him on the spot of anything]?
Reply
#6

BrenTheodore Wrote:Is there going to be an overall bracket posted? ... or not until the first set of rounds has finished?
Didn't Ben make one last year [not to him on the spot of anything]?

Yes, Ben(Zenith) will be constructing a bracket. Apparently the new forum will not allow us to post the image in the topic forum, but we will provide you with the link. It should be up soon, so stay tuned. P.S. It looks beautiful. Big Grin
Reply
#7

Good call on the CD. It'll have to include Nautical and Grace
Reply
#8

Hipbase is getting plugged! Rock radio station Power 97 will be playing both Bobcaygeon and The Last of the Unplucked Gems as part of 'the Power Hip Pocket' tonight. I believe they will mention the tournament, and direct fans to the Hipbase website to vote for their favourite!
Be sure to listen for it tonight at 11Pm CST(12am EST) on http://www.Power97.com
It will be interesting to hear what they say about our community!
Reply
#9

That's awesome I will have to check it out.

want to be a nobody without peer
want to be a thought that's never done
want to shake your faith in human nature
want to break the hearts of everyone
want to be your wheezing screen door
want to be your stars of Algonquin
want to be your roaring floorboard
want to break the hearts of everyone
Reply
#10

That's awesome. Congrats guys.
Reply
#11

Shane Kroeker Wrote:Hipbase is getting plugged! Rock radio station Power 97 will be playing both Bobcaygeon and The Last of the Unplucked Gems as part of 'the Power Hip Pocket' tonight. I believe they will mention the tournament, and direct fans to the Hipbase website to vote for their favourite!
Be sure to listen for it tonight at 11Pm CST(12am EST) on http://www.Power97.com
It will be interesting to hear what they say about our community!

Man, that's cool! :thumb: I also made a blog post about it, but I'm happy to admit that I don't think my humble little blog has as much sway as a radio station!

Did/could anyone record the segment? I'd be interested to hear what was said.
Reply
#12

Zenith Wrote:
Shane Kroeker Wrote:Hipbase is getting plugged! Rock radio station Power 97 will be playing both Bobcaygeon and The Last of the Unplucked Gems as part of 'the Power Hip Pocket' tonight. I believe they will mention the tournament, and direct fans to the Hipbase website to vote for their favourite!
Be sure to listen for it tonight at 11Pm CST(12am EST) on http://www.Power97.com
It will be interesting to hear what they say about our community!

Did/could anyone record the segment? I'd be interested to hear what was said.

They also played both songs from matchup 2 last night! Who knows how long they will support the tournament Big Grin Listen tonight to see if the songs get played again.
Here is what I can remember what was said about the 'base last night.
"At exactly 11 O'clock we had a double shot of The Hip. It can't be Nashville every night, followed by Titanic Terrarium. You can log onto Hipbase.com and vote for the song you like best. They are doing a kind of Vote for your favourite hip tune. Log on to Hipbase.com to check that out."
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)