Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

dark and brooding
#16

mikeysaint Wrote:"
"7th Birthday" Lowest of the Low

That song is so creepy and disturbing, I actually have a hard time listening to it. It's the one song on Hallucigenia that I often skip.
Reply
#17

opiated Wrote:Nothin' : Robert Plant/Alison Krauss

Perfect suggestion, ope. Love that cut....puts me in that 'No Quarter' type of zone.

Oh yeah -- I suggest "No Quarter" :mrgreen:

Also-

Masters of Reality - "100 Years (Of Tears In The Wind)"
Reply
#18

Neil Young - Cortez The Killer (live version from Weld)
Reply
#19

Jane's Addiciton has a few good ones.... I like:

"Three Days"
"Then She Did"
"Up The Beach"
"Summertime Rolls"

(the last two are not so much 'dark and brooding', but are big, powerful and somewhat hypnotic)
Reply
#20

The Funeral.... Band Of Horses
Reply
#21

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:
opiated Wrote:Nothin' : Robert Plant/Alison Krauss

Perfect suggestion, ope. Love that cut....puts me in that 'No Quarter' type of zone.

Oh yeah -- I suggest "No Quarter" :mrgreen:

Also-

Masters of Reality - "100 Years (Of Tears In The Wind)"


Thanks!!

As for No Quarter...that song does me in every time i hear it...

I'd also suggest Ten Years Gone by Zep
Reply
#22

Deftones - "Change (In the House of Flies)"
Rolling Stones - "Moonlight Mile"
CCR - "Long As I Can See the Light"
Reply
#23

Mellencamp...Longest Days...from his new CD
Reply
#24

The Wrens - 13 Months in 6 Minutes

Trust me.
Reply
#25

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEGEELbyIeM&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEGEELby ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

here's that Mellencamp tune...
Reply
#26

opiated Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEGEELbyI...re=related

here's that Mellencamp tune...

Thanks. never a huge Mellencamp fan but i like a few of the tunes on the last album quite a bit.

This is why I like this group of people on here. Everyone has a different taste of music and is not afraid to share what they think is good. I have found a lot of great songs to choose from.
You guys rule :thumb:
Reply
#27

Corpse Wrote:. I have found a lot of great songs to choose from.
Did you listen to any yet? If so what caught your attention?
Corpse Wrote:You guys rule :thumb:
We Know.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#28

Mark:

cds went out in the mail yesterday
Reply
#29

here is another one

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N0sBo1cfNU">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N0sBo1cfNU</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#30

Tthip Wrote:
Corpse Wrote:. I have found a lot of great songs to choose from.
Did you listen to any yet? If so what caught your attention?
Corpse Wrote:You guys rule :thumb:
We Know.

I'm still going through the few that I have gotten. Really like the Pulp, Band of Horses, nada Surf and Neil Young. (and I love Tahitian Moon, always have by the way)
There have been quite a few songs I already new of or have (or haven't listen to in a while) which is cool cuz everyone seems to be on the same page.
I-tunes sucks for a lot of the Canadian bands and haven't been able to find some on (ahem) the not so ligitimate way of things.. but still trying them out.

Thanks also Ron. Looking forward to it.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)