Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

NHL Playoffs 2008

sean.bonner Wrote:
thedarkcanuck Wrote:MTL
PIT
PHI
NYR

DET
SJ
ANA
COL
7/8.... not bad at all!

if only any of my playoff pools reflected this :?

2nd round picks
mon
pit
sj
col

7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Reply

I wonder if the Colorado Detroit series will be close. I think it will be a good series but nothing close to the rivalry those 2 teams used to have.
Reply

I'm in pretty good shape in my 3 hockey pools. My first pool was a live draft, and 12 of my 15 players made it through to round 2 (Jagr, Gomez, Dubinsky, Prucha, Prospal, Upshall, Riberio, Miettenin, Kronwall, Marleau, Stastny, Wolski...i only lost Pronger, Arnott and Erat).
The second pool i went in was simply pick any 12 players, i took 3 Rangers, 3 Penguins, 3 Red Wings and 3 Sharks. And my final pool was 1 player from each team, then 10 additional players (which i again took a combination of Rangers, Pens, Wings & Ducks), a goalie (Nabokov) and the Cup Champs (Sharks).

I think i was 7/8 in round 1 (can't be bothered looking back), i was only wrong on the Ducks/Stars matchup. I thought the Ducks defense would likely in the end get it done, but i was more than a little skeptical of the Ducks, which shows with my hockey pool picks.

Round 2 is a little harder to predict IMO...

Montreal/Philadelphia...i think the Flyers will really test the Habs, but in the end i gotta go with Montreal, just barely though.

Pittsburgh/NY Rangers...as a Rangers fan, there is no way i can go against them Smile

Detroit/Colorado...should be a fun series to watch, and i love the offensive depth the Avs have going (Forsberg, Sakic, Stastny, Wolski, Smyth, Brunette, etc.)...but in the games i watched in round 1, the Avs relied way too much on Jose Theodore, and if they played like they did in round 1 with the Wild, i think Detroit will be too much for Theodore & the Avs to contain.

San Jose/Dallas...another series i'm looking forward to watching, i love the way the Stars are playing right now. The Sharks are going to have to be better than they were in round 1 if they have a shot. The Stars have lots of confidence right now, and should get a big boost with the expected return of Sergei Zubov. I'll go with San Jose in a tough, 7 game series.
Reply

Montreal
NY Rangers

San Jose
Detroit

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply

Mtl
Rangers

Dallas(who goes on to win the cup)
Colorado
Reply

You know that really wouldn't really surprise me. Dallas is playing great hockey right now. Mike Riberio is playing the best hockey of his career, Brendan Morrow is IMO one of the most underrated players in the game, Mike Modano is playing great, the Brad Richards line was often their best in round 1, and Marty Turco was rock solid. As good as the young guys played in round 1, and as heroic as Robidas was, they need Zubov & Boucher back.
Dallas are the team i'm rooting for in the West.
Reply

One of the pools I'm in is NCAA-style brackets, and I was 6/8 in round one. Lost on the Stars/Ducks, and the damn Flyers.

For round two I'll go:
Mtl
Pitt
SJ
Det
Reply

I had a feeling about Dallas for quite some time, yet I didn't pick a single friggin player in my pool. So I know they're going to win the cup now :wink:
Reply

shades of 93
PP pull the G
Habs lucky to be in OT...
Reply

laliber Wrote:shades of 93
PP pull the G
Habs lucky to be in OT...

Lucky is pushing it... I thought they've played allright up to now. They're definitely fighting for the puck, and skating well. The Kostitsyn bros. are playing well, again.
Reply

OLE, OLE OLE OLE, OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-O-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

GO HABS GO :jump !!!!!


as soon as this game is over i'm going to see Grady! :thumb:
Reply

WHAT A GOAL!!!
WHAT A GOAL!!!

TOM KOS-TO-POU-LOS!!
Reply

sades of 93
OT is over early
(- 3 seconds)
Reply

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply

Wow, i didn't think the Habs were going to pull that one off! I actually missed the OT winner it happened so fast! The commericial before OT began, i switched to TSN to watch the last 2 minutes of the Detroit/Colorado game, and as soon as it ended i switched back to CBC & the Habs were already celebrating!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)