Posts: 359
Threads: 133
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
Each night the band will play more cuts from an album - Its a great way to hear some tunes from an album such as In need of medical attention with a full band that are rarely played - This is a great idea any band to do as it really fills the appetite for fans to hear rare tracks- and something the hip could maybe do sometime? It could maybe put to rest alot of the complaints of not hearing certain songs or tracks from albums that now dont get setlist time
Mon. Dec 10 The Horseshoe Toronto, ON Featuring songs from "In Need of Medical Attention"
*
Tue. Dec 11 The Horseshoe Toronto, ON Featuring songs from "Down At The Khyber"
*
Wed. Dec 12 The Horseshoe Toronto, ON featuring songs from Truthfully, Truthfully
*
Fri. Dec 14 The Horseshoe Toronto, ON Featuring songs from "Ashtray Rock"
*
Sat. Dec 15 The Horseshoe Toronto, ON Featurings songs from "Ashtray Rock"
*
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
I do love Plaskett a lot, but in all honesty, if i could pick one of those shows...
I would pick one of the Ashtray Rock ones...what a kickass album.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 2,571
Threads: 145
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
I guess the 14th supposed to be LaDeDa eh?, I'd go to all of em,but if it came down to only one it have to be Truthfully truthfully.
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Posts: 294
Threads: 9
Joined: Sep 2006
Reputation:
0
no Sweet Homewrecker night?
boo.
Posts: 2,571
Threads: 145
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
GBV Wrote:no Sweet Homewrecker night?
boo.
That was in the Thrush Hermit days, think he must be concentrating on his Emergency work.
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Posts: 359
Threads: 133
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
Opening acts announced ...
Peter Elkas, Museum Pieces, The Spades , Twohourstraffic 2nights
Posts: 2,571
Threads: 145
Joined: May 2003
Reputation:
0
SunnydaleSpike Wrote:MattyM Wrote:EDIT: Bought a couple of Plaskett CDs whilst in Toronto (La Da Da and Ashtray Rock).
Smart move, I imagine his stuff is as impossible to find in the UK as it is for me here in the US.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.maplemusic.com/artists/jpe/default.asp">http://www.maplemusic.com/artists/jpe/default.asp</a><!-- m -->
If you haven't heard Clayton Park(the days before he went solo) its a must.
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Posts: 266
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
So far the first three shows of Plaskett's six night stand has been nothing short of excellent. Each show started with JPE playing the featured album of the night in its entirity. After the album was done they played songs spanning his entire career - including B-sides, a cover tune, a new Dave Marsh song. Also special guests have appeared (Gordie Johnson, Peter Elkas, and a few more). Shows have been two hours. Three down .. three to go. Tonight's album is La De Da.
Also I noticed Wilco are doing a similiar thing in Chicago in February.
(<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wilcoworld.net/tours/riv/index.php">http://www.wilcoworld.net/tours/riv/index.php</a><!-- m -->)
One can only dream the Hip would do something like this. :-)
Posts: 331
Threads: 12
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Anyone know where to find any JPE bootlegs? I couldn't make it to any of the shows