Posts: 686
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
I recently got last years third jersey (the vintage style one) and I can't decide what name and number to put on it. I've narrowed it down to two.... either Tim Horton (7) or Bill Barilko (5).
Whats everyones opinion? And Leaf bashers save me your 'put Losers Since as the name and 67 as the number'.
:mrgreen:
Posts: 1,212
Threads: 16
Joined: Jan 2006
Reputation:
0
I work for the Boys and Girls Club of Canada, and we have a partnership with Tim Hortons Camps. It's amazing what Horton did for kids, and what his namesake continues to do for them. So, I'm a little biased for Horton.
At the same time, the Hip sang a song about Barilko, so you can't go wrong with that one either.
If you really want to go old-school, you can always use Bower (one of the all-time underrated goalies) with the number 1, or even something like Eddie Shack, who was defnitely a character, and slap the old 23 on the back!
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
I'd go for Horton as well.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 994
Threads: 33
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
awesome thanks for posting that!! :thumb:
Posts: 290
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2007
Reputation:
0
Name: Loser
Number: 0
Just kidding, go old school for sure
Posts: 803
Threads: 36
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
You can never go wrong with "13 - SUNDIN". I know it's not old school, but screw it: man's a legend!
Posts: 1,618
Threads: 125
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
Only one would go on my back
93 Gilmour
Just the thought of what he did for the club during his time.............there is only one Dougie, no one will ever match him.
Posts: 1,585
Threads: 60
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I went with Barilko.
It's good for Leaf games, as well as Hip concerts
Posts: 290
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2007
Reputation:
0
I would never buy a shirt of a player who is younger than me.
Posts: 1,166
Threads: 38
Joined: Aug 2006
Reputation:
0
can't go wrong with ole #99 W. Paiement