Posts: 1,212
Threads: 16
Joined: Jan 2006
Reputation:
0
My NEW favourite Downie song....SF song...man I love it. It's poetic, straight-forward, and just plain good. I could listen to it 11 times in a row
Posts: 1,577
Threads: 35
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
I saw the thread "vancouver engagement" in the other forum and now I'm thinking the greatest GD song is Vancouver Divorce (it's either that or Chancellor):
"What the hell is this?
She said 'It's art. Just fucking mirror it."
SF Song also punches balls however.
ct
Posts: 414
Threads: 43
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
SF Song has my vote !
or Pascal Submarine
Posts: 112
Threads: 3
Joined: Nov 2006
Reputation:
0
I would say Chancellor or Trick Rider
Posts: 4,352
Threads: 136
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Figment is pretty badass...the way it just explodes out of your speakers...so loud, so alt-rock...i love it.
Posts: 43
Threads: 0
Joined: Apr 2007
Reputation:
0
Coke Machine Glow is a beautiful album, especially because of:
1. Chancellor
2. Vancouver Divorce
3. SF Song
Posts: 901
Threads: 11
Joined: Dec 2005
Reputation:
0
"Steeplechase" live is amazing, too.
Posts: 42
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2004
Reputation:
0
I hope the blackflies dont carry me away
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Joined: Aug 2004
Reputation:
0
I would have to say 11th Fret. The first lyrics (so this is fucking off by degrees, and I...) just get me every time. A lot of people think it's a wad of noise but I ADORE it.
Into The Night is great too, as is Figment.
Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
11th fret accoustic is mind-blowing