Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
In View vs. Bobcaygeon
As Shane would say...
I ask you to listen to the two songs in the match-up Back to Back, and consider the lyrics of the song. Feel free to post an unbiased analysis of both songs in this thread, but please refrain from cheerleading or making predictions for your favourites.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 2,672
Threads: 57
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
If we're coming to a conclusion and voting for one, how can our analysis be unbiased?
Jeff
June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Posts: 686
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
i see a blow out coming....
Posts: 958
Threads: 6
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
This one is no contest based on the lyrics alone:
That night in Toronto with its checkerboard floors
riding on horseback and keeping order restored
til the men they couldn't hang
stepped to the mic and sang
and their voices rang with that Aryan twang
vs.
Phone rings once
phone rings twice
phone rings three times
Posts: 1,212
Threads: 16
Joined: Jan 2006
Reputation:
0
I think In View is a decent song.
More importantly though, I do not like Bobcaygeon....I just don't get it.
1 for In View
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
fingernailsonhull Wrote:If we're coming to a conclusion and voting for one, how can our analysis be unbiased?
No clue... i just copied and pasted Shane's previous posts :lol: :thumb:
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 270
Threads: 7
Joined: Dec 2005
Reputation:
0
Dammit! I liked in View but I have to vote against it here. It just can't stand up to Bobcaygeon.
Posts: 2,144
Threads: 97
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
I have to echo Grimes's analysis of both songs; the only redeming part of In View is the last stanza of lyrics where it seems Gord got tired of writing a pop song and just let her rip. Plus the video for Bobcaygeon is just out of this world. If my girlfriend would let me, I'd have Bobcaygeon as part of our wedding song material. :thumb:
Posts: 1,212
Threads: 16
Joined: Jan 2006
Reputation:
0
ugh...this one is getting ugly...
Posts: 3,777
Threads: 62
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Biggest mismatch yet. One of the greatest songs in The Hip's catalogue up against, well, In View.
Posts: 1,242
Threads: 56
Joined: Nov 2002
Reputation:
0
Bobcaygeon is kinda boring to me now. It gets the skip evey time I listen to PP. That said, I voted for it because I'll give it the respect it deserves and I used to really dig it.
Posts: 8
Threads: 1
Joined: Mar 2007
Reputation:
0
I'm not and never was an in view fan because its just to "pop" to be a hip tune. Bobcaygeon is starting to get a little boring but it still gets my vote.