Poll: Which song do you think is better? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
0%
0
0%
Highway Girl
0%
0
0%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Match up #4
#1

Match-up #4 - It Can't Be Nashville Every Night Vs. Highway Girl
I ask you to listen to the two songs in the match-up Back to Back, and consider the lyrics of the song. Feel free to post an unbiased analysis of both songs in this thread, but please refrain from cheerleading or making predictions for your favourites.
Reply
#2

wow 2 songs that are seperated by almost 20 years up against eachother. this round should be interesting.
Reply
#3

No doubt in my mind that It Can't Be Nashville Every Night.
Reply
#4

So much for unbiased opinions.

As for me, it's a tough one, cause Nashville is one of the more recent favourites of mine, but Highway Girl.....

Now if it was vs. the "Double Suicide" version, we may have a bit of a lop-sided round here :lol:

Edit: My vote is in...I find myself holding my breath as I make my decision...very stressful!
Reply
#5

At first, I thought Highway for sure. But then I listened to both songs... And then I listened to both songs again.

Nashville is actually a sweet song, and even though Highway is such a classic, I gotta pick Nashville.
Reply
#6

After four rounds, I find that I have experienced four days of agony. Why do I enjoy being tormented like this?

Only about 58 more rounds... sweet.
Reply
#7

Listening to the studio version of Highway sadly pales in comparison to any live performance of it and against the live off the floor feeling of Nashville.
Reply
#8

this was the first time I didn't have think about my choice - Highway Girl
Reply
#9

The band keeps tabs on this site dudes...Voting out Highway Girl would officially conclude any hope of that tune seeing the light of day again...I think that's the only thing that swayed my vote...

Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Reply
#10

Hey, I would rather hear Highway Girl live over Nashville... if the band reads this, they know that live versions kick a damn lot of ass, but the awesomeness of Highway Girl wasn't exactly captured in the studio if you ask me.
That, and Nashville is one of my favourite tunes from my favourite Hip album, so that pretty much sums it up for me.

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#11

Oh I dare to say it CAN be Nashville Every Night!
Reply
#12

laliber Wrote:this was the first time I didn't have think about my choice - Highway Girl

ditto
Reply
#13

I'm quite surprised with the winners so far, for all nearly all four matchups...Anyone else?

Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Reply
#14

The Heron Outside Wrote:I'm quite surprised with the winners so far, for all nearly all four matchups...Anyone else?

Completely.
Reply
#15

Man-Sized Eldorado Wrote:
The Heron Outside Wrote:I'm quite surprised with the winners so far, for all nearly all four matchups...Anyone else?

Completely.

Fully.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)