Posts: 1,553
Threads: 386
Joined: May 2005
Reputation:
0
Match-up #4 - It Can't Be Nashville Every Night Vs. Highway Girl
I ask you to listen to the two songs in the match-up Back to Back, and consider the lyrics of the song. Feel free to post an unbiased analysis of both songs in this thread, but please refrain from cheerleading or making predictions for your favourites.
Posts: 686
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
wow 2 songs that are seperated by almost 20 years up against eachother. this round should be interesting.
Posts: 115
Threads: 0
Joined: Mar 2007
Reputation:
0
No doubt in my mind that It Can't Be Nashville Every Night.
Posts: 1,708
Threads: 100
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
So much for unbiased opinions.
As for me, it's a tough one, cause Nashville is one of the more recent favourites of mine, but Highway Girl.....
Now if it was vs. the "Double Suicide" version, we may have a bit of a lop-sided round here :lol:
Edit: My vote is in...I find myself holding my breath as I make my decision...very stressful!
Posts: 270
Threads: 7
Joined: Dec 2005
Reputation:
0
At first, I thought Highway for sure. But then I listened to both songs... And then I listened to both songs again.
Nashville is actually a sweet song, and even though Highway is such a classic, I gotta pick Nashville.
Posts: 62
Threads: 9
Joined: Feb 2005
Reputation:
0
After four rounds, I find that I have experienced four days of agony. Why do I enjoy being tormented like this?
Only about 58 more rounds... sweet.
Posts: 2,144
Threads: 97
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
Listening to the studio version of Highway sadly pales in comparison to any live performance of it and against the live off the floor feeling of Nashville.
Posts: 1,166
Threads: 38
Joined: Aug 2006
Reputation:
0
this was the first time I didn't have think about my choice - Highway Girl
Posts: 1,211
Threads: 99
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
The band keeps tabs on this site dudes...Voting out Highway Girl would officially conclude any hope of that tune seeing the light of day again...I think that's the only thing that swayed my vote...
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Hey, I would rather hear Highway Girl live over Nashville... if the band reads this, they know that live versions kick a damn lot of ass, but the awesomeness of Highway Girl wasn't exactly captured in the studio if you ask me.
That, and Nashville is one of my favourite tunes from my favourite Hip album, so that pretty much sums it up for me.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 1,772
Threads: 17
Joined: Sep 2003
Reputation:
0
Oh I dare to say it CAN be Nashville Every Night!
Posts: 1,211
Threads: 99
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I'm quite surprised with the winners so far, for all nearly all four matchups...Anyone else?
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress