Posts: 1,553
Threads: 386
Joined: May 2005
Reputation:
0
Match-up #3 - The Dire Wolf Vs. Cordelia
I ask you to listen to the two songs in the match-up Back to Back, and consider the lyrics of the song. Feel free to post an unbiased analysis of both songs in this thread, but please refrain from cheerleading or making predictions for your favourites.
Posts: 270
Threads: 7
Joined: Dec 2005
Reputation:
0
I thought it would be a no brainer, but after listening to them again, it was really close.
In the end, I chose Dire Wolf over Cordelia, even though Cordelia really does rock.
Edit: OOOH that is a close race.
Posts: 1,211
Threads: 99
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
Lyrically, Cordelia might be Gord's most complex work...
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Posts: 1,212
Threads: 16
Joined: Jan 2006
Reputation:
0
It was closer then I thought for me, but I gave it to Cordelia for the raw power of the song.
9:45 Mountain...looks like Cordelia is pulling away
Posts: 115
Threads: 0
Joined: Mar 2007
Reputation:
0
No brainer for Cordelia. Now if I may:
MACBEEEEEEEEEEETH!
Posts: 1,605
Threads: 157
Joined: Aug 2006
Reputation:
0
Marrying words, falling in your wake
Just to tell what you can't eliminate
Posts: 540
Threads: 34
Joined: Jun 2006
Reputation:
0
so far i tend to be voting for which ever song is older...i dunno if its that i love the older stuff better or coincidence.
Posts: 1,079
Threads: 101
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
aggghhhh...this is tougher than I thought it would be.
expanse getting broader