Posts: 1,211
Threads: 99
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I shot the entire cover tune...Though since it was on my camera, it's quite weighty in size...I'd love t'post in on YouTube or whatever for you guys...Anyone have any ideas how t'reduce it's size yet maintain the quality?
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
Posts: 94
Threads: 19
Joined: Apr 2003
Reputation:
0
i scored a mini tape recorder and external mics to tape about an hour of the show last night then dumb me completely forgot to bring it.
but i think that kind of recorded is pretty much obsolete now. but it mighta sounded alright dang.
Posts: 294
Threads: 9
Joined: Sep 2006
Reputation:
0
ps...have only seen hip four times...all in the last year...and last night's was my fave of all of them. i thought they were amazing and the lengthy groove out during 100th meridian was gold. as was it's been a looooong time ....
cool to hear two robert pollard tunes over the speakers, back to back, before hip hit stage.
lotsa people, though, beefed about the taps being shut down at, what, 8:45? ridic!
Posts: 888
Threads: 52
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Ok I have my version of Hundreth Meridian from this show ready for somewhere but Youtube has the 10min limit.... I think thing is 11+ I may break it into 2 and just post em up?
The part where Gord attempts to hit Sting's vocals on Walking On The Moon... was one of the deadliest moments I've seen... I was stunned as were Gord S and Gord D as the crowd took over the lyrics singing.. "Tomorrows another day, you'll stay
I may as well play"...
You really can see there reaction to the crowd from my side stage angle.
Surprised the crowd picked up on this one... it was magic ...listen closely.... and I think it will appear at one of the upcoming shows for sure given the way the band was playing it and the crowds response.
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
Send me the file as I do not have the time limit for YouTube videos....
Posts: 377
Threads: 6
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
I grew up in Oshawa, but I live in Ottawa. I thought it would be a ton of fun to get some tickets for the show and drive down, visit the family a bit and catch a hip show.
Sitting in section 103, Row 10. I knew my section would be one of those "sitting" sections, based on the shows I've seen. Since the sightlines aren't blocked by anything at all, including the people on the floor, often people don't bother standing.
It was, in my opinion, the best show I've seen since 1995. I'm glad to see that Gord puts down the guitar on the songs that generally don't require a third guitar.
It was a harrowing experience getting there though. As we were leaving ottawa, cleaning the windshield of the car, the wipers broke off. So we went to get our tickets at ticketmaster, and GM Centre had already printed them off, so we didn't get our tickets prior to leaving. We ended up leaving Ottawa much later than we wanted. We got there about 60 minutes before the show, but couldn't park anywhere briefly to run in and get the tickets so we parked at my friends house (he was going too... it was his 32nd birthday) and we went from there, picked up our tickets at 7:45 and went in. I was glad to see that beer was only 5.75 instead of 11 like it is at the Scotiabank Place in Ottawa. Anyway, we enjoyed one of the best shows I've seen, and went back to my friends place where we grabbed some food and decided to head "home". Turns out we got a parking ticket for facing the wrong direction on a small residential street. Crap.
Anyway, spent the night in Oshawa and left to come back to Ottawa Thursday evening after supper. Thanks to the tanker truck accident on the 401, we got detoured at cobourg, but there were no markings to follow. We drove through a mess of snow until we figured out we were really far away from the highway, and the storm was getting worse so we didn't want to take the 7, so we found another route back to the 401. Anyway, to make a long story a little shorter, the drive back ended up taking 6 and a half hours and we didn't get back to Ottawa till 3AM this morning.
I also forgot my camera so I would really like to see more pictures people took.
Hopefully I can recover a little in the next few hours and I'll see everyone in Ottawa.
But all in all, I couldn't be happier about the show. Wow. The sound was phenomenal, the band was energetic, and I had a great time.
Posts: 1,674
Threads: 70
Joined: Jul 2006
Reputation:
0
Blimey schaggs! That was bit of nightmare journey. I'm glad that the show was worth the trouble.