Posts: 295
Threads: 18
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
Congrats to those who got tix. Seems to be no major issues. I got HIP tix right away no problem but today, all attempts to get Ottawa tix for Gord failed. I kept trying but no matter what it kept saying "invalid passcode". It turns out it was not a glitch, it was my own stupidity. I was a day late on the presale and was using yesterday's presale code. Sad I am. I will weep now and come back later. Though can I just say Ticketmaster still sucks? I think he will sing but I predict no HIP songs since anytime I have seen Gord solo, there have been no HIP songs on the set.
Posts: 103
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2016
Reputation:
0
I would be shocked if Gord did not perform at this. I can't believe people are even floating this hypothesis. The man is a musician. This is a music venue. He's not going to stand there and talk and play a video.
Posts: 553
Threads: 24
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm intrigued by all the things it could be -- Gord just sitting on stage and reading the graphic novel, and holding it up so we can all see the pictures.
In seriousness, primarily I'm glad his health is well enough to take on these two shows. It could also be an opportunity to play with the various musicians he's collaborated with on these solo projects over the years. He's had a all-star band when you go back and look through the credits.
Posts: 103
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2016
Reputation:
0
My thinking is that he will play the album the whole way through, along with video of the special playing on a screen behind him. If this doesn't occupy enough time (which I doubt it will), he will play other songs as well.
Posts: 523
Threads: 13
Joined: Sep 2007
Reputation:
0
10:01-10:05 nothing available main floor
10:06 sit tight searching
Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I suck at getting tickets these days.
Posts: 523
Threads: 13
Joined: Sep 2007
Reputation:
0
seriously try for 1
why not?
Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
Thats what I started with only 1.
Posts: 203
Threads: 15
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I wonder if part of the evening might involve a guest speaker as well, perhaps as an introduction, maybe, to discuss the more general issue of residential schools & provide some context for Gord's work.