Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Anybody else here like collecting wax?
What are your favs in your collection?!
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Favorite one? I don't know.
But I love putting on The Black Keys: Turn Blue for some reason.
I really don't care for the album in my car, but spinning it in the house is amazing for some reason.
And did you see the black Friday releases?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://download.recordstoreday.com/lists/2015_BLACK_FRIDAY_PUBLIC.pdf">http://download.recordstoreday.com/list ... PUBLIC.pdf</a><!-- m -->
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 6,675
Threads: 359
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
I love vinyl. Unfortunately I don't own a lot though, because it's a really expensive hobby. Some of the faves in my collection:
The Weakerthans- Left & Leaving
Tom Waits- Mule Variations
The Hip- Up to Here (original 1989 pressing)
Bruce Springsteen- Nebraska (original pressing)
Posts: 882
Threads: 11
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I'm in
got tired of looking at my old collection
put together a decent vintage set up for about $700 total off Kijiji
( Marantz receiver , Sony turntable and Paradigm speakers)
Hard to pick fav's....
Neil at Massey Hall
City and Color... The Hurry and The Harm
ELO.. out of the blue
Band Of Horses... Acoustic at The Ryman
Posts: 823
Threads: 55
Joined: Apr 2007
Reputation:
0
I love vinyl. I just finished logging my entire collection onto discogs. I have 531 lps now I have to log in my 100 singles. I am always looking for vinyl and hit up used vinyl stores at least once a month. last week my wife and I spend $350 on vinyl at 3 different stores. we bought a shit load of stuff. but prices vary quite a bit. One store has all their vinyl at one price $20 each, and most of it is only worth $5 on discogs. so it really helps to know your prices. I got a Ska album from Jamica that apparently is worth $150 on discogs and I know that's true because 2 have sold for that price, but I got it for free from someone who just gave it to me thinking it was garbage. I was surprised for sure at the price of it. I gave it a spin and it was really good.
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Just bought Roger Waters The Wall the other day.
I cannot wait to spin it when it comes Saturday.
And Black Friday vinyl day is this Friday. Looking to get DMB, Beck and The Arcs w/Dr John.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
WesleyC. Wrote:I love vinyl. I just finished logging my entire collection onto discogs. I have 531 lps now I have to log in my 100 singles. I am always looking for vinyl and hit up used vinyl stores at least once a month. last week my wife and I spend $350 on vinyl at 3 different stores. we bought a shit load of stuff. but prices vary quite a bit. One store has all their vinyl at one price $20 each, and most of it is only worth $5 on discogs. so it really helps to know your prices. I got a Ska album from Jamica that apparently is worth $150 on discogs and I know that's true because 2 have sold for that price, but I got it for free from someone who just gave it to me thinking it was garbage. I was surprised for sure at the price of it. I gave it a spin and it was really good.
What's the link?
I have an account there but haven't logged anything yet. Maybe over a cold winter's day soon.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Matthew Good resissues out January 15....
The Last Of The Ghetto Astronauts
Raygun
Underdogs
Beautiful Midnight
Hospital Music
Dear lord..... bank account is about to take a hit...
Need to get Beautiful Midnight and Hospital Music
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Been binging on some used vinyl purchases this past week and half. Here's what I've picked up (two orders, combined cost of 50 bucks)
Electric Light Orchestra - Discovery
Heart - Magazine
J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame
Jackson Browne - Lives in the Balance
Jefferson Airplane - Jefferson Airplane Takes Off
John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band - Shaved Fish
Paul McCartney - Pipes of Peace
Peter Gabriel - III (Melt)
Supertramp - Indelibly Stamped
Also, my Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight pre-order came in last week as well!
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Picked up a couple last week:
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Anybody here have their collection posted to discogs.com ?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Talking 'bout love...
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston