Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

don't hate me
#1

is the song of the day archived anywhere or has MAv asked that we not record these songs while they are playing back?
Reply
#2

briansmccabe Wrote:is the song of the day archived anywhere or has MAv asked that we not record these songs while they are playing back?

they are not archived, and I'm pretty sure MAv has asked that we not record these songs
Reply
#3

does that mean we can't make a special exception for strictly personal pleasure when the song of the day was culled from a show we were at?
Reply
#4

dude.

just do it.

But don't go selling shit on ebay, cause we'll find you, and. you know...report you....

actually...if you could email me your recordings, that would be great.
Reply
#5

I think you guys should ask Mav 1st, pretty sure he said no to this kind of stuff....my 2cents

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#6

I don't recall MAv expressing his thoughts on this, but why would he say no? The Hip allow fans to freely tape and trade their live concerts, so what makes these that different? The quality isn't the greatest but neither is that of most live concert recordings; It's not a complete concert, and by extension not likely to be sold as a "bootleg" on eBay; they're not commercially available tracks (I'm against recording the studio tracks) so it's not cutting into sales.

But if he did, just like Bobby Brown, it's his prerogative!

That said, untill MAv or The Hip give permission for us to record and trade these tracks please do not upload them to the tracker.
Reply
#7

Summiteer Wrote:I think you guys should ask Mav 1st, pretty sure he said no to this kind of stuff....my 2cents

It's Mav;s choice to stream whatever audio he streams, and it's my choice to record whatever audio I choose to record. I only use it on my mp3 player for my commute and when I take my dog to the off-leash park. If someone torrents it, then I can undestand any kind of objection to it. My understanding is that Mav wants people to make the effort to go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com">www.thehip.com</a><!-- w --> and listen to the song for themselves. Recording streaming audio accomplishes just that, only I am choosing to listen to it at a later, more convenient time.
Reply
#8

So far - this is all MAv has had to say on the subject:

MAverick Wrote:
buzz882 Wrote:on a completely unrelated note...
... who knows how to record audio streaming :roll:
MAv Says:
now now

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#9

Summiteer Wrote:I think you guys should ask Mav 1st, pretty sure he said no to this kind of stuff....my 2cents

Trust me, I would never do that. I used to be pretty active in the efforts to thwart the folks that do that kind of stuff actually.
Reply
#10

chris Wrote:But if he did, just like Bobby Brown, it's his prerogative!

Yikes! Did you just quote Bobby freaking Brown? Wow....it's like 8th grade all over again.
Reply
#11

briansmccabe Wrote:
Summiteer Wrote:I think you guys should ask Mav 1st, pretty sure he said no to this kind of stuff....my 2cents

Trust me, I would never do that. I used to be pretty active in the efforts to thwart the folks that do that kind of stuff actually.

I'm not judging anyone who is recording the music and never would.I guess the point I was trying to make was just to not assume that we can take this stuff he's putting up, I'm sure he's aware that there is devices that can record the music,and no one can stop anyone else from doing that. I just don't want to lose the SOTD is all. Their working hard to make us happy and give us these great songs and to me I think its all about respecting him and his efforts.

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#12

Summiteer Wrote:
briansmccabe Wrote:
Summiteer Wrote:I think you guys should ask Mav 1st, pretty sure he said no to this kind of stuff....my 2cents

Trust me, I would never do that. I used to be pretty active in the efforts to thwart the folks that do that kind of stuff actually.

I'm not judging anyone who is recording the music and never would.I guess the point I was trying to make was just to not assume that we can take this stuff he's putting up, I'm sure he's aware that there is devices that can record the music,and no one can stop anyone else from doing that. I just don't want to lose the SOTD is all. Their working hard to make us happy and give us these great songs and to me I think its all about respecting him and his efforts.

Hey all, we've been done this road before . . . here's the deal. . . .

If you MUST record the streaming audio, then don't ask me or anybody else publicly, don't post it publicily and don't mention it publicly, because if you do, I will tell you NOT to record it. If you DO record it, I assume it is your own dirty little secret, that it is for personal use and that the ONLY place your recording will end up, is your OWN mp3 player. The recordings will not be traded, uploaded, burned or move past your own personnal devices.

Summiteer hit the nail on the head and I echo his statement. It's about respect. . . . of the music, the fans and the opportunity to get these songs out there for all to hear. But let us (TTH) choose how they are distributed and what is done with them.

Of course, I know that there are ways to record the audio, we all realize that technology cuts both ways, and you, as fans of music AND TTH have to respect the fact that TTH has put their first foot forward and are working on the next step. . . it's only a matter of time until more things happen. . . things are in the works that will make TTH fans happy. Believe me!

So please, let's put this to bed and understand that it's sort of like sex. What you do in your own environment, I don't care about, think about, lose sleep over and can't and won't do anything about, but as soon as you make it public, then issues will arise and I begin to care a great deal.

I understand the desire to have the recordings, I understand the technology and I understand that respect is required on all sides to make this work. Please respect TTH, the music and their efforts, as they sure as hell respect you.

MAv. :: TTH Webmaster
--
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com">www.thehip.com</a><!-- w -->
Reply
#13

MAv, I'm starting to get the feeling that you don't just work for The Hip, buy you're also a fan. Smile

Thanks for the clarification.:thumb:

Earlier in this thread, after a bunch of wobbly thoughts, chris also Wrote:But if he did, just like Bobby Brown, it's his prerogative!

That said, untill MAv or The Hip give permission for us to record and trade these tracks please do not upload them to the tracker.

An official NO to trading these tracks reaffirms my comment about these not showing up on the tracker.
Reply
#14

chris Wrote:MAv, I'm starting to get the feeling that you don't just work for The Hip, buy you're also a fan. Smile

Thanks for the clarification.:thumb:

Earlier in this thread, after a bunch of wobbly thoughts, chris also Wrote:But if he did, just like Bobby Brown, it's his prerogative!

That said, untill MAv or The Hip give permission for us to record and trade these tracks please do not upload them to the tracker.

An official NO to trading these tracks reaffirms my comment about these not showing up on the tracker.

Thanks Chris, I always said and have not hiddent he fact that I was a fan :thumb:
Reply
#15

fair enough. Thanks for the clarification, MAv. you Rock!!!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)