Posts: 201
Threads: 16
Joined: Dec 2005
Reputation:
0
wow I can see you're good at math :thumb: . I just got lazy and didn't want to do two more lines and have to put the measurements.
Posts: 2,255
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
GD is tall not 6'7, im 5'10 and he didnt tower over me, definitely over 6' though
Posts: 138
Threads: 12
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Re: The posting ""controversy."
I haven't been on here quite long enough to actually see the complete cycle, but my assumption has always been that this board, like most band boards, goes through three stages, tied into the timing of a new studio album.
STAGE #1: Just before and just after a release is THE EXCITEMENT STAGE, where everyone bends over backward to talk about how awesome the band is, and if somebody steps out of line and says something controversial, like, "I don't know if I like Track 4," then they're told how disrespectful/unknowledgable they are etc. This stage usually includes lots of interesting chatter, and the board has a really high participation level. It's a lot of fun and you come back day after day.
STAGE #2: ANALYSIS LEVEL. The hysteria/ecstasy of the new release has passed, and some criticism or ranking starts to take place. A few brave souls might even say they don't care for the new album. There are some arguments and some debates, but for the most part it's respectful and thoughtful. Some people start pointing out things you never would have noticed on your own, etc. (My favourite stage. I don't understand the point of a board if it's just to tell each other, "Hey, I like them too!" I'm still annoyed that somebody responded to one of my posts by saying there's no such thing as constructive criticism. They must be a wonderful companion in the workplace. )
STAGE #3: THE PLATEAU. The dead six months or so before the new album excitement has started to build, and nothing much is going on. Where we are now, though we had a lot of excitement from the DVD. People don't start many new posts, except for things like, "So, is anything going on?"
My point is (and only six paragraphs in!) is that people saying they'll never use this board again, etc., will forget all about that when they take the cellophane off the disc in a couple of months and realize, "I'VE GOT TO TELL SOMEONE HOW INCREDIBLE THIS IS!!!!" It was ever thus. Let the cycle of life begin anew. Gords' blessing be upon us.
Amen.
P.S. If I'm completely off my rocker, explain.
Posts: 622
Threads: 53
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I've been here a long while. Don't contribute much, but it's been a fun place to be. I don't think it's gone downhill at all.
I also think that when people obtusely claim that they're leaving the boards, they are actually just being drama queens - and that it's actually that type of stuff that degrades messages boards into trollish hackery.
I'd also like to point out that this board is for everyone; I believe the whole idea behind the swearing censorship (note: FUCK!) is that it's supposed to be a family place. In grade 7, (now several years ago, but I am a very young member) I was looking up dumb little things like height and weight of band members for school projects; the intial question really is no big deal, except to those who don't have any sort of base-level tolerance.
I'm actually quite surprised at Amber's ingenuity. That said, the fact that Amber didn't post in her original thread is an innocent mistake...but reading through this I was starting to get confused which member was the one still in grade school. That said, we're still more civilized than the house of commons. :p
I know I'm probably going to be attacked for this, but it's just my opinion. I mean, at the end of the day I really do respect all you board members, wrestlers and policemen alike.
My tool point count is going to be sky high.
Posts: 409
Threads: 9
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Lest you forget how bad it could really get:
Posts: 409
Threads: 9
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
lol -- that was supposed to be a picture of... oh forget it. Click the pic above to see what I mean...
Posts: 398
Threads: 21
Joined: Aug 2004
Reputation:
0
Hmmm, locked in the trunk of a message board, and feel all the machine revving tension.........
It's spring people, step outside, enjoy the sunshine, go for a walk.
Some are just too tightly wound.
If you want to control everything and make sure everyone on here is an "expert" and behaves with absolute perfect nettiquete to your satisfaction, make it a member only board and require applications for god's sake.
Geesh.
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
opiated Wrote:really..are most of these threads jokes now???
I hate to bump an old thread, but would you treat new listeners of your radio station like that?
Chill out or leave.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 254
Threads: 23
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I believe that some people saw the question without knowing the background behind it, so they need a second chance. If you did know then I throw my hands up at our society. However, why are you so anxious to slam people? There have been many useless posts that get favorable responses and many of them? I hope no one else cuts this young "student" any more crap. Is it a troll as you refer to, who cares? Let the people who are interested answer and if nobody is, then it dies right? If it is not genuine, all you're doing is giving the "troll" what they desire, and if it is really a young student then you've probably offended someone. Is it worth the risk? Only if you're a miserable prick, and enjoy demeaning others.
Amber, you see people have your back, so keep posting away!
Remember everyone: "Don't judge a hip fan by the size of his posts"
Posts: 145
Threads: 10
Joined: Apr 2006
Reputation:
0
Who cares as long as they make good music...are people really this bored???
Posts: 145
Threads: 10
Joined: Apr 2006
Reputation:
0
all i have to say is wow......