Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

hip win 2 junos!!!
#1

just came through the wire at work..sadly the 2nd sentence is really hard to read

Neil Young and Alberta rockers Nickelback picked up two Juno Awards apiece tonight in Halifax.
Nickelback was named group of the year and also snagged the best rock album award for ``All the Right Reasons.''
Young beat out Nickelback in the best producer category and his work, ``Prairie Wind,'' was named best adult alternative album.
Young now has five career Junos.
A total of 32 award winners were announced tonight.
The remaining seven trophies will be handed out tomorrow night during a two-hour prime-time show on C-T-V, hosted by Canadian actress Pamela Anderson.
The Tragically Hip and Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra were also double winners tonight.
The Hip's career retrospective ``Hipeponymous'' won for best music D-V-D and best artwork design.
Tafelmusik picked up the best children's album award and a second Juno for best classical album by a large ensemble.
(CP)
Reply
#2

That's awesome!
Reply
#3

Jeez your fast...I just saw the same thing on cbc.ca and was about to post it in here.
Reply
#4

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Reply
#5

some people sit on hipbase searching the net for hip news just to be the first to report it,

its all good, i would have done the same had i heard it on tv before i read it here.
Reply
#6

woohoo! way to go! more junos!!
Reply
#7

Well, I'm not a huge fan of awards shows because they suck. But these 2 Junos are kind of cool because both Gord Downie and Rob Baker were nominated for their non-musical work with the band.

Considering Gord studied film and Rob studied art at Queen's, they might think it's a bit cool to win an award for, respectively, directing videos and illustrating/art design.

Or, maybe they'll just go into a box in the back of the closet with the other Junos.
Reply
#8

Congrats boys very well deserved for all your work on Hipeponymous. Now if we could just eliminate nickelback from existence we wouldn't have to hear them or about them anymore.
Reply
#9

chancellor Wrote:some people sit on hipbase searching the net for hip news just to be the first to report it,

no..i just have a job where i sit in front of a computer and play music all day :thumb:
Reply
#10

Is there a list of awards that the Hip have won throughout their entire career? It would be interesting to see which awards they have won and which year they won them in. I'd like to see their impressive trophy case.
Reply
#11

well deserved

cheers
Reply
#12

That's awesome! The DVD set is a work of art, good to see it getting recognition.
Reply
#13

definitely agree with bulletriddled, well put
Reply
#14

Congrats Will!
Question for ya, When did the Hip first Approach you too do artwork for them? I'm thinkin it was around the M@W days? Are the images we see their ideas or yours or a collaboration of both? can you enlighten us with any other tidbits about your job? Sorry I'm just curious to know because I really love the stuff you create :thumb:

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#15

wow that makes 14 junos for rob? awesome.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)