Posts: 474
Threads: 46
Joined: Jul 2003
Reputation:
0
Friday, April 28th.
Tickets are $30, and you can only get them at the restaurant bar. I'm going to pick myself up some 10 tickets this afternoon.
Posts: 474
Threads: 46
Joined: Jul 2003
Reputation:
0
To add to my own post....
Just picked up the tickets.
Posts: 1,318
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2004
Reputation:
0
Ah Damnit. I was going to go to this, then said I'd go to the Phoenix show the night before instead. Now I'm going to have to go to both.
Cheers,
Pat
Posts: 266
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
If you are concerned about the setup I would recommend that you e-mail Sam's manager, Dave Spencer (his info is on Sam's site). Definitely $30 to watch it on TV seems silly.
Posts: 474
Threads: 46
Joined: Jul 2003
Reputation:
0
Done. E-mail sent. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I will get a response.
The friends that I've talked to today are most likely going to try and return their tickets. Some think it could turn out to be a dangerous situation. The whole concept still baffles me(not to mention the 10 tickets I bought before learning of the situation)
Will post a response if I get one.
Posts: 1,318
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2004
Reputation:
0
Dave's usually pretty good at responding to mail. Whether he can do anything about it now or not, I'm not sure.
But I'll tell you right now, he does hate promoters who over sell venues, so who knows really.
Cheers,
Pat
Posts: 1,318
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2004
Reputation:
0
There was a posting on the SRB board from the dude who said he was organizing the show. I asked him to clarify the claims you made. Hopefully this gets all sorted out.
Cheers,
Pat
Posts: 1,318
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2004
Reputation:
0
No prob. He hasn't been on in a little while anyway, since pretty much the show was officially announced.
Cheers,
Pat
Posts: 474
Threads: 46
Joined: Jul 2003
Reputation:
0
Geez, I guess one e-mail CAN make a difference.