Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
why i watch figure skating...
Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
i think there is something wrong with the add a picture or attachment feature..i have never seen that girl that's showing in the message, however clicking on her will show who i was talking about!!
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
:thumb:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 510
Threads: 12
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
I can see myself following a whole new sport :-)
D
(me, shallow??? Yup.)
Still picking up the elderly from the floor, still dealing with the drunks, now wrestling seals and posting it on twitter.. @richardilderton
'Whoops' is not a word the patient wants to hear...apparently
Posts: 1,172
Threads: 49
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
ah yes...Sasha Cohen...aka the American Choke artist. I've been watching her for the last 2 Olympiads marveling at her flexability while doing these skating splits...she's really the only reason I watch figure skating at the Olympics.
I have a question...is it just me getting older and realizing the physical/flamboyance differences between homosexuals and straight men or has Men's Figure Skating been taken over by queers. I remember watching the Olympics during the 90's with guys like Kurt Browning, Elvis Stojko and Victor Petrenko and I didn't get this weird feeling that something's not quite right here...Aside from a few exceptions like Toller Cranston, has this always been a "Light in the Loafers" sport or is it just my imagination.
RG
Posts: 2,672
Threads: 57
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
I've heard from someone very involved in the figure skating world that a significant number of male figure skaters are homosexual, but it is by no means a hard and fast rule.
Jeff
June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
Yeah, any male figure skater who ever thought I was cute turned out being gay.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 3,777
Threads: 62
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Manny Sandu, the Canadian skater, definitely looks so light in the loafers he could float away at any time.