Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Joel Plaskett - Make a Little Noise DVD
#1

Has anyone else picked this one up yet? I just got it today one my way home from work and gave the entire thing a watch while I was eating dinner. It's... odd, to say the least.

The big draw of the DVD is an Emergency concert with 8 songs that's played in a tiny club. It sounds amazing, especially the slow acoustic version of "True Patriot Love". The other "concert" on the DVD is actually snippets of Joel doing solo acoustic performances across the country. The DVD also has a every music video he's done, which suprised me since I didn't know he actually had any music videos. The "Maybe We Should Just Go Home" video is my favorite so far, it's completly different from what you'd expect the video to be like. The runner up is the "Extraordinary" video during the DVD credits. I'm not going to say anything about, just trust me that you have to watch it. Hell, you should pick up the DVD just for this video. I was laughing so hard I was actually in tears.

The package also comes with a CD with three new songs. All three are really good, especially the package title track. There's not a whole lot to say about it, it's a nice addition, but not long enough to go into any detail about. Oh well.
Reply
#2

Thanx for the review Bullet :thumb: I'm definately gonna pick this 1 up! I Loves J.P.E. :thumb:

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#3

Is this the package that features footage filmed by fans? If so, a couple of Hipbasers are included in the credits as it is their footage of the performances.
Reply
#4

BulletRiddled Wrote:The DVD also has a every music video he's done, which suprised me since I didn't know he actually had any music videos. The "Maybe We Should Just Go Home" video is my favorite so far, it's completly different from what you'd expect the video to be like. The runner up is the "Extraordinary" video during the DVD credits. I'm not going to say anything about, just trust me that you have to watch it. Hell, you should pick up the DVD just for this video. I was laughing so hard I was actually in tears.

I was kind of partial to the "Work Out Fine" video, featuring Joel and bunnies. (Okay, parts of the video have clearly deviant undertones, but Joel with bunnies is exactly what you'd expect: http://pics.livejournal.com/coneycat/pic/00020fg9/
http://pics.livejournal.com/coneycat/pic/000216zd/ )

I will never, never watch the "Paralyzed" video ever again. No, I didn't read Death in the Afternoon either.

And the "Extraordinary" video over the credits? I totally agree. Fully worth the purchase price for that alone.

The live footage from the Marquee was great, too. Every time I see Joel I'm more impressed with him as a performer--you can't take your eyes off him. Although I admit I also have these random urges to follow him home after the show and feed him muffins or soup or something...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)