Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Famous Gord Downie quotes
#16

wpghipfan Wrote:LK, thanks for the kind words. It is nice to know that there is still someone out there who still finds some value in the site... cheers!

Rory
Halifax

Rory, I think there are more than you think that still go to your sight for reference. I often do. thanks for keeping it up.
Reply
#17

My sister is always quoting Gord but I can't remember where she got these 2 from...

"Take a cookie when the cookies are being passed"
and
"Lifes too short to drink bad coffee"

I think the second one may be from Moncton some many years back but I can't be sure...My memory is terrible... :oops:
Reply
#18

Sss Wrote:My sister is always quoting Gord but I can't remember where she got these 2 from...

"Take a cookie when the cookies are being passed"
and
"Lifes too short to drink bad coffee"

I think the second one may be from Moncton some many years back but I can't be sure...My memory is terrible... :oops:

Ask your sister about some if you don't mind.
Reply
#19

Take a cookie when the cookies are passed

From Pink pop I think it was....it's a huge European festival show at any rate. It's with NOIS and the dirty version of ABAC....there's a pro shot video of it and an interview with Gord when they leave the stage where he compared the gig to a game of golf!
Reply
#20

This is a song for people who are into Jesus... and Bon Jovi!

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#21

"This is a song that really makes me think of Willem Dafoe. I don't know why. It just does."

I'm sorry for bringing this post back from the dead. Actually, that's a silly thing to be apologizing for, but I'm really curious as to which song he's talking about. Willem Dafoe is my favourite actor. Has been since I was 12! I'll be 16 in a few weeks.
Reply
#22

'There all for the girls, but this one is for the girls.'

-starts playing Ahead By a Century.
Reply
#23

Of course you know by now they're all for the girls, right? But this one's for the girls.
(a few seconds later)
And everyone who just wants to know what they're thinking.
ABAC Fredericton 07
and that NUTS intro with the whales and whalers before Last of the Unplucked Gems. Does anybody have it?
Reply
#24

"Drive the Speed Limit!"
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)