Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Escape tab
#1

Hi all,

I accidently discovered a cool way to play escape. One guitar, standard tuning. If anyone is interested. I'm referring to a way to play the verse and intro without simply strumming E.
Reply
#2

post it please...I'd love to see your interpretation

RG
Reply
#3

Code:
Escape is at Hand...

  
E: --------------------------------------------------------------------
B: --------------------------------------------------------------------
G: ------------------------------------8----------------6--------------
D: --6-----------------6-6-------------6----------------6-9------------
A: --7-x a bunch--then 9-7----then go--7-x a bunch then 7-7------------
E: --0-----------------0-0-------------0----------------0-0------------

The tab is not meant to show every up and down stroke you play, it's just the general idea.
It's just basically strumming the 076xxx with the added notes to give that cool groove
that goes on during the intro.

If there is anyone out there that thinks I'm full of it, I'll attach a little mp3 and hopefully it will clear up any questions about the tab works.
Reply
#4

not that I think your full of it....far from it...I would just like to hear the timing more than anything

RG
Reply
#5

this should give you the general idea...
Reply
#6

I can't write the tab ....but for awkward demonstration's sake, why not just do:

E: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
B: --4--4--4--4--2-2-0------------------------------------0--0--0--------
G: --1--1--1--1--1---1---then you can throw in a---1--1--1--3-3-1
D: --2--2--2--2--2---2 -----------------------------------2--2--2--2----2
A: --2--2--2--2--2---2------------------------------------2--2--2--2----2
E: --0--0--0--2--2---2------------------------------------0--0--0--0----0


I'm sure those who know tab well are scratching ther heads at the way that's written, but can you get what I mean?

Probably not....this is why I'm not a "musician" :roll:
Reply
#7

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:I can't write the tab ....but for awkward demonstration's sake, why not just do:

E: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
B: --4--4--4--4--2-2-0------------------------------------0--0--0--------
G: --1--1--1--1--1---1---then you can throw in a---1--1--1--3-3-1
D: --2--2--2--2--2---2 -----------------------------------2--2--2--2----2
A: --2--2--2--2--2---2------------------------------------2--2--2--2----2
E: --0--0--0--2--2---2------------------------------------0--0--0--0----0


I'm sure those who know tab well are scratching ther heads at the way that's written, but can you get what I mean?

Probably not....this is why I'm not a "musician" :roll:

That 4th fret on the B string is really hard to hold when you're already making an E chord. That's probably why, other than that it sounds fine.

Muddy, I like your tab and I like hearing you actually play it even more. Reminds me that we need to get cracking on that Hip tribute album!
Reply
#8

Quote:Muddy, I like your tab and I like hearing you actually play it even more.

Thanks a bunch. It's so hard to do justice to so many hip tunes with just one guitar, so when you finally crack one it's satisfying. Especially when someone else appreciates it too.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)