Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Famous Gord Downie quotes
#1

I'm trying to come up with a list of Gord's quotes, and I know he has a lot of good quotes. I just can't remember them.

Are there any that you know of?
Reply
#2

In the sig portion of my posts, I have a great quote that goes a little like this:

Ultimately, it's about throwing down on stage. Whatever you happen to be, if you don't throw down, you're not worth shit.
Reply
#3

Check out my website:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory/ConcertList.htm">http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory/ConcertList.htm</a><!-- m -->

Every show has a Gord quote...

Hope that helps...

Rory
Halifax
Reply
#4

From Cambridge on the first solo tour:

"If you get hurt, then the band gets hurt.... Now who do we have to blow to get a beer?"

Cheers

Pat
Reply
#5

wpghipfan Wrote:Check out my website:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory/ConcertList.htm">http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory/ConcertList.htm</a><!-- m -->

Every show has a Gord quote...

Hope that helps...

Rory
Halifax
Rory I never get tired of reading your site I love it. Gord D is one crazy dude, what a legacy to leave behind. All those crazy rants are unlike anything Ive ever heard.

Too many to list here, so I just pulled these out at random...

"You can't be a band from Canada without a song about a nautical disaster. This song is called Nautical Disaster."

"Crowd-surfing went out with acid-wash. Crowd-surfing went out with 'Don't go there!' C'mon! Strictly passe. Even I know that."

"White supremacists and bra-less women. We're looking for both. Something about the day just made me say that."

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#6

LK, thanks for the kind words. It is nice to know that there is still someone out there who still finds some value in the site... cheers!

Rory
Halifax
Reply
#7

tigerthelion Wrote:In the sig portion of my posts, I have a great quote that goes a little like this:

Ultimately, it's about throwing down on stage. Whatever you happen to be, if you don't throw down, you're not worth shit.

did that come from an interview and if so what one? thats a great quote :thumb:
Reply
#8

nice site! :thumb:
Reply
#9

wpghipfan Wrote:LK, thanks for the kind words. It is nice to know that there is still someone out there who still finds some value in the site... cheers!

Rory
Halifax
Rory - I use your site all the time.
Your site and Marks site are great, great references.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#10

emperor penguin Wrote:
tigerthelion Wrote:In the sig portion of my posts, I have a great quote that goes a little like this:

Ultimately, it's about throwing down on stage. Whatever you happen to be, if you don't throw down, you're not worth shit.

did that come from an interview and if so what one? thats a great quote :thumb:

Yeah, I got it from an interview that someone posted on here a while back. I'm not sure who interviewed him though. It might have been just when IBE was coming out or just before their tour. I have a horrible memory. Smile

EDIT:::::::

Upon further review, it came from a Calgary newspaper and I was way off on the timeline. It's from 2002.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gauntlet.ucalgary.ca/a/story/8536">http://gauntlet.ucalgary.ca/a/story/8536</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#11

wpghipfan Wrote:It is nice to know that there is still someone out there who still finds some value in the site... cheers!

Rory
Halifax

Your site has indeed brought me hours of amusement...I love the quotes..here's my fav..."Have we got any seafaring people in the house? Do you know where your boat is?" or "Here's a song for the women that were brought over in ships many centuries ago to help populate the new land...and also work at Hooters." there's too many to choose from...thanks Rory...good stuff...good stuff indeed.
Reply
#12

I've always loved the answer to the question about why the band experiments on stage: "We're not trying to hide the lights... it's like the Big Apple in Colborne where you can watch the bakers do their thing."

Anybody whose ever driven between T.O. and Kingston knows the beauty in that remark.
Reply
#13

I love his answer to the mind-numbingly repetitive "why isn't the band big in the States" question:

"Because of the people we are and the music we make, we get the success we deserve."

I love that.
Reply
#14

i've always liked "war is the death of imagination"
Reply
#15

Stephen Dame Wrote:I've always loved the answer to the question about why the band experiments on stage: "We're not trying to hide the lights... it's like the Big Apple in Colborne where you can watch the bakers do their thing."

Anybody whose ever driven between T.O. and Kingston knows the beauty in that remark.

You know, seeing that damn Apple every couple of weeks is probably the only thing I don't miss about going to Queen's. I had friends at school who were disgruntled ex-employees there. Since meeting them, I haven't been able to bring myself to eating the pies.

Even better, by the time my first Homecoming rolls around, there'll be a giant Beaver roadside attraction right by the McDonald's rest stop coming out of Kingston, in Odessa. I can just see the sign now: "Welcome to Odessa, Home of the World's Biggest Beaver." *sigh*

Cheers

Pat
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)