Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Got my tickets for the Halifax show March 11th!! Can't wait!
Rory
Halifax
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
The new songs I've seen in concert, and the new single - The Gate - are great.
Are you going to record the show?
Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I highly doubt I can get my dv cam in. If anyone is willing to lend me their recording gear, I'd be happy to record the show.
Rory
Halifax
Posts: 1,795
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
WTF?! they are playing New Glasgow but not Fredericton?
good god
Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Mark, this is for you:
Sam Roberts Band
March 6, 2006
Club Monte Carlo
Saint John, NB
Tickets: $25 advance / $30 day of show
available at:
3 Mile Entertainment Complex
Charge by Phone: 1.800.874.1669
Online: sonicconcerts.com
More Info: General Admission, 19+
They are also playing Moncton...
Rory
Halifax
Posts: 1,795
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
hmmm.. are they worth the 2 hour roundtrip to saint john?
Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
They are also playing Moncton... is that closer to you?
And yes, they are well worth it...
Rory
Halifax
Posts: 1,795
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
saint john is a little bit closer (1hr 15 min each way). moncton is a little over an hour an a half.
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
wpghipfan Wrote:19+
Damn this drinking age crap. I'm more of a Sam Roberts fan than half the drunk douches that will get to see this show. I'll try to get in though
maguire, you goin?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Posts: 994
Threads: 33
Joined: Dec 2004
Reputation:
0
hey man, i missed that last show at the wave (the trews) but i was also at that festival of lights show, what a crazy gig the rain/lightning was something else! sorry to hear that you had left early, i had seen SRB at myron's the year before as well, 'bubbles' came out and did the encore with them!
i dont really know much about the novaks, just read stuff about them for ecma's, the new sam roberts songs should be cool to hear live
can't wait for this gig :jump
Posts: 207
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2005
Reputation:
0
I saw The Novaks open for Matt Mays & El Torpedo at The Marquee in Halifax last November. They were pretty good, although the only song that really sticks in my head was a seven-minute blues version of "Shake Rattle and Roll," which I think was impromptu. I believe they have at least one song that morphs regularly and that night it turned into SR&R. That really was quite cool.
Matt Mays spent most of that tour telling people, "You've got to come and see our opening act, they're way better than we are," and he still seemed to think so after they'd stolen the license plate off his band's van. I was left unconvinced--The Novaks were a good opening act, just not better than Mays and crew. I'll be interested to see them open for Sam, though.
And also to see Sam, who I've not seen live yet!
Posts: 447
Threads: 42
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I saw The Novaks open for Matt Mays as well, in Toronto. I really enjoyed them. They certainly didn't steal the show from El Torpedo, but I did go out and get their CD. I've got to say that I've really been enjoying it. I'm sure that the lead singer's voice would not be for everyone, but I think it sounds great. I'd definitely recommend it, it's a very catchy album, and I think all of the songs are good.