Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Killer Whale Tank
#1

When did Gord stop doing the "Killerwhaletank uhh!!"

I love the Killer Whale Tank, my brother got it on tape but I never got to see it live. Cry
Reply
#2

It was done in 1991. That was the last time.

Rory
Halifax
Reply
#3

It wasn't a regular part of their repetoire... but a soundboard recording of it was included on the Nautical Disaster CD single, and it's notoriety and popularity soared after its inclusion on radio playlists across the country.
Reply
#4

Quote:but a soundboard recording of it was included on the Nautical Disaster CD single

Chris Chris, I never thought you would have been wrong about something to do with the hip. The version of New Orleans on the Nautical single is actually Fire in the Hole in the middle with Nautical.

The soundboard version of Killerwhale tank is on two other singles, one being on a Twist My Arm promo & the other being on the Cordeilia EP which was a very low print run. I only know this because I have all three copies.
Reply
#5

Hmmm... I listened to my single this morning, and it has Killerwhaletank on it... When I get home tonight I'll double check that I took the CD out of the right case.
Reply
#6

Oh-No. I smell a fight a brewing.
The FAQ for Hipbase says this:
KWT is on the B-Side of the Long Time Running single.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hipbase.com/faq/index.php?p=all#a16">http://hipbase.com/faq/index.php?p=all#a16</a><!-- m -->

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#7

Dare I mention the UK 12" version of 'Locked'?

D
(under the table in case it all kicks off)

Still picking up the elderly from the floor, still dealing with the drunks, now wrestling seals and posting it on twitter.. @richardilderton
'Whoops' is not a word the patient wants to hear...apparently
Reply
#8

It looks like the KWT version is available on more than one album...

Nautical Disaster single (pending confirmation)
Long Time Running single
Locked In The Boot 12" single
Twist My Arm promo
Cordelia EP

Either way, I think that this helps explain the popularity of this rant.
Reply
#9

my nautical single is nois with fire/nautical in the middle, not killerwhale tank...
Reply
#10

"I had a job before this, it was that job that lead me into this"

God I need to get a copy of this again. priceless
Reply
#11

chris Wrote:It looks like the KWT version is available on more than one album...

Nautical Disaster single (pending confirmation)
Long Time Running single
Locked In The Boot 12" single
Twist My Arm promo
Cordelia EP

Either way, I think that this helps explain the popularity of this rant.

I would like to point out that if the search-police woulda came out, we might not have had this revelation.

Great thread.
Reply
#12

I love the Killer Whale Tank version and was glad to get it from Napster back in the good ole Napster days...

I first saw The Hip in Philly in '91 and Gord did a rant in the middle of New O saying something like...

"I had a job before this....I was a, I was a...a vibrator. I was all pink and prickly and people used me for pleasure..."

My friends & I had never seen The Hip before and our jaws dropped... Anyone ever hear Gord rant like that or was it a 1 night rant?
Reply
#13

For anyone interested, specifically newer members, I have an ongoing "Get The Hip" initiative running at Scottitude.Net.

NOIS - "Killerwhaletank" and Highway Girl - "Double Suicide" are both currently available for download or listening. I'll be offering more choice live and unreleased tracks regularly.

~Scott

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply
#14

And there's always Dana's Downloads available here.
Reply
#15

scottitude Wrote:For anyone interested, specifically newer members, I have an ongoing "Get The Hip" initiative running at Scottitude.Net.

NOIS - "Killerwhaletank" and Highway Girl - "Double Suicide" are both currently available for download or listening. I'll be offering more choice live and unreleased tracks regularly.

~Scott

thats a great site! Do you do stuff for local bands like interviews and whatnot? Just curious. Have you heard of a band called Vanity Supercharger from Detroit? I found them on myspace and love thier music. Wish I still lived in Detroit Cry

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.vanitysupercharger.com/">http://www.vanitysupercharger.com/</a><!-- m -->
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)