Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Killers sold out!
#1

I wasn't crazy about this band in the begining, Somebody Told Me I dont like at all, but after I listened to Hot Fuss a few times it grew on me so I bought it. But still this is rediculous..

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/10/1903.cfm">http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/10/1903.cfm</a><!-- m -->
How's that for milking it? Geez.. :roll:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#2

I love The Killers. Unfortunately, they're going to turn into one of these pop-rock artists with cookie cutter rock songs. It's inevitable when they cater to their success this much. Oi vey. I hope I'm wrong. They've been billed the saviours of rock and roll. It looks as though they're effectively doing away with that possibility.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#3

That's just silly. I don't like the Killers, and I really don't understand why they would be called the saviours of rock. They're a one-hit-wonder at best, and I guarantee that this time next year, nobody will even remember who they are.

Just my opinion of course.
Reply
#4

I do doubt that, direwolf. They've received constant radioplay from the release of the album through to now. Also, Mr. Brightside, All These Things That I've Done, and Somebody Told Me have been "hits". I think you may have a case about their longevity, though.

Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Reply
#5

unbelievable, another reason not to like these guys
Reply
#6

That's just goofy...
Reply
#7

it may be more of a record company decision than a band one...i know that when seether re-released disclaimerII , the band was really upset about it and actually posted and their web site to discourage fans from buying it

7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Reply
#8

thedarkcanuck Wrote:it may be more of a record company decision than a band one...i know that when seether re-released disclaimerII , the band was really upset about it and actually posted and their web site to discourage fans from buying it

I wonder if this was less a record company protest and more so because they realized just how bad a record they made the first time around, that there was no need to punish the general public more so by going through it all over again.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. If the Killers follow up Hot Fuss with an album half as good as Franz Ferdinand has followed up their self-titled debut, they'll have a hit on their hands.

Cheers

Pat
Reply
#9

I am a fan of the killers bought Hot Fuss the day it came out and really its cool to have vinyl plus there is only 5,000 copies- I d buy it if it wasnt too pricey, the Killers cover of morriseys - find out for yourself is kick ass- they also do a cover of kenny rogers - ruby dont take your love to town --
Reply
#10

chancellor Wrote:unbelievable, another reason not to like these guys

I already had all the reasons I need.
Reply
#11

this is no different than when a DVD is released and then 6 months later we get the "special edition" and then we get "the directors cut" and finally we get the "collectors edition".
Reply
#12

Seems like overkill to me too, although I love Hot Fuss. "Change Your Mind" is one of my favorite songs all time by any band. I'm reluctant to get my hopes up about their follow-up album, though.
Reply
#13

direwolf74 Wrote:That's just silly. I don't like the Killers, and I really don't understand why they would be called the saviours of rock. They're a one-hit-wonder at best, and I guarantee that this time next year, nobody will even remember who they are.

Just my opinion of course.

They are already more than a one hit wonder, at least three taht I can count.
They're not bad, some catchy tunes.
Reply
#14

they fucking suck so bad, i wish they would just break up already, i can't stand all this BS on radio nowadays, i wish q 92 was more like q 107 and focused more on the classics Sad.


see it's because of crappy bands like the killers that a rocker like me has ahd to turn to hip hop to help fill the void...most rock just doesn't do it for me anymore, the hip, pumpkins, pearl jam, floyd, nirvana and the like raised my expectations to a level that cannot be reached by your run of the mill radio fodder top 40 garbage. hip hop on the other hand, just as good as ever, well, might have been a wee bit better right around the turn of the millenium, but there's a lot of hot hot shit droppin all the time, and a seemingly infinite supply of underground hip hop to tap into.
Reply
#15

Hip hop music sucks. Rap shouldn't even be considered music. It's people like Kanye and 50 Cent and Eminem that are contributing to the downfall of music. No originality whatsoever in rap. It's all samples. Not to mention the same damn beat in ever f'in rap song. The Killers aren't the greatest band by any means but they are f'in music gods compared to hip hop crap.

Of course this is just my opinion.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)