Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

missing tracks from "night in Toronto"
#1

anybody else notice that the track listing has left out NOIS? Seems to me like a case of being overly politically correct. Kind of a disappointment for me if they did leave it out (which seems the case), it was my first hip show and would have loved to see the show in it's entirety once again. Anybody else know anything about it?
Reply
#2

Wow, interesting. I wonder who made that call?

I guess when Sinclair said it had been retired, he meant it.
Reply
#3

It still says that there are 24 tracks.
Maybe someone just missed it when they listed it.
I think it was still played on the HD broadcast last night.
ccollins515 Wrote:The following songs were left off of the broadcast.
Heaven
Giftshop
Vienna
Pistols
Boots

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#4

amazon has NOIS on the track listings for the live concert, greatest hits and the music video.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...les#disc_1
Reply
#5

I sat there last night watching them play that song and wondering in my head -- how could they ever play that song again? To me, it would be no surprise to see it removed from the album.
Reply
#6

I really wont miss it that much. Its a song that has run its course for me.
Reply
#7

...and i think it will make it an even better classic than it already is. it will be odd not to hear any live versions of nois from this point forward if it is indeed retired.

7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Reply
#8

So does this mean if 4000 men die in a boating accident we'll never hear Nautical Disaster again?

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#9

LizardKing51 Wrote:So does this mean if 4000 men die in a boating accident we'll never hear Nautical Disaster again?

Or if Tom Thompson comes paddlin' past, no more 3 pistols? :lol:

On a serious note, I understand about NOIS...very tragic situation, however, I doubt it gets pulled from the DVD.
Reply
#10

Drez7 Wrote:
LizardKing51 Wrote:So does this mean if 4000 men die in a boating accident we'll never hear Nautical Disaster again?

Or if Tom Thompson comes paddlin' past, no more 3 pistols? :lol:

On a serious note, I understand about NOIS...very tragic situation, however, I doubt it gets pulled from the DVD.

I dont think it will either cause according to that blurb Chris posted of those bro's who filmed it, it is uncut and in it's entirety, so my moneys on that its on there :thumb:

The resulting film is unique among the Lamoureux brothers' projects in that nothing has been edited out- what you see is the entire concert from start to finish, captured by ten cameras with director Pierre's characteristic cinematic approach.

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#11

They did include NOIS last night. As I recall the entire first set was broadcast without edit to the order. NOIS was the last song before the encore.
Reply
#12

I think it would be unecessary to pull NOIS out of the DVD since the show in Toronto took place before the hurricane. I'm kinda torn on the issue. I can understand them laying off the song for a while, but I don't believe we have heard the last of it as a live song. Even though I've heard it live countless times, its always a blast to hear in concert. On the other hand, I have got the impression that the boys have just gone through the motions on it for at least the past seven years or so. I could be wrong but I don't think it has been used as an "incubator" song since Escape evolved from it during the Henhouse tour. Higway Girl would be a welcome relic of Hip history in its place on the next tour. :roll:
Reply
#13

I heard it is being banned by some radio stations and the hip are being fined everytime they play it.

ct
Reply
#14

131NC Wrote:I think it would be unecessary to pull NOIS out of the DVD since the show in Toronto took place before the hurricane. I'm kinda torn on the issue. I can understand them laying off the song for a while, but I don't believe we have heard the last of it as a live song. Even though I've heard it live countless times, its always a blast to hear in concert. On the other hand, I have got the impression that the boys have just gone through the motions on it for at least the past seven years or so. I could be wrong but I don't think it has been used as an "incubator" song since Escape evolved from it during the Henhouse tour. Higway Girl would be a welcome relic of Hip history in its place on the next tour. :roll:

Yeah that would be great if they replaced it with Highway Girl from now on! Somehow I don't think that would ever happen....
Reply
#15

Chris Tanz Wrote:I heard it is being banned by some radio stations and the hip are being fined everytime they play it.

ct

Now now Chris, you wouldn't be acting all sarcastic now, would you? Tsk tsk...

:lol:
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)